Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Being Cool

 It seems hard to think about wool products when the heat index is in triple digits. Poor Dolly had to be cooking so out came the shears. It will be interesting what my daughter creates with the wool.

 Guess it is best to just stay in the pool.
Or head to Northeast Iowa and go trout fishing. It is so pristine and the cold water streams make it a bit more tolerable. There are 58 streams to play on.  
 Limestone cliffs tower above the water. This area is also know as Little Switzerland.
 I have climbed this and stood looking down through the valley below.



Ground Cherries


The foliage is as unique as the tall flower stalks on this Compass Plant. 





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! That pile of wool reminds me of when I get a haircut. My hair is so thick the beauticians always say they can make a wig out of it. I can't even imagine hot hot Dolly was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Floats your goat. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing about trout fishing is that you always find it located in the most beautiful of surroundings....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks really pretty. Did you catch much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got me cracking up over floating your goat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good topics today. I was expecting to see photos of fish! Well, good flower photos will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the flower shots. You really got some good ones. Dolly must have appreciated the shearing. I can't imagine how hot she must have been in all that wool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a beautiful area. I don't usually recognize many kinds of plants, but I noticed the milkweed right away. One of my favorite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dolly's so cute; I love sheep :o) Gorgeous scenery you have out there. I've been saying "Whatever boats your float." just because I don't like to follow the crowd (ha) but I might just have to borrow the goat version periodically. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!