Wednesday, June 10, 2015

There And Again

A morning dance workout, or just brothers at play. Both Northern Flicker fledglings were jousting, but never having any contact. I was amazed to watch it for quite some time. It was some very interesting swordplay, with beaks that could be real lethal.







A nice side yard
 
And then around the corner
 




About those ducks. They seemed so cute when small, but fill anything with or run any water and here they are. They will even jump into a watering bucket, and of course like to excrete everywhere.

Ah yes, a dance recital with a fairy princess.
 

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots of the flickers! Love the expression on the face of the girl on the skateboard. And the dance recital photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very few people have watched the woodpecker mating dance. It's a fantastic show. I saw it once and I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shots as usual. I have a male cardinal and two juniors still in their brown with brown beaks following after him that come to the tea cup. they sit in the shrub while he flits back and forth to feed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun to watch the flickers jousting. That's a pretty cute little fairy princess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi OOTP - wonderful shots .. love the Northern Flicker .. beautiful birds. Gorgeous littlie too .. will melt your heart as the days go by.. enjoy. I hope that knee is improving still .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so adorable. I miss our guinea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jousting flickers. I would never have guessed...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Send those ducks down to my lake. They can poop on my dock with my white ones.

    I know I've said it before, but I've never seen a bluebird. So enjoy seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!