Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Free Time Fishing


A lot of new arrivals coming out on the prairie. It is fun to see the birds fledge and new families arrive. I gave a few bird houses to my daughter and they have all attracted different species she said. I love to hear of my crafts attracting birds, it makes hard work more worthwhile. I had planned on going north for a bit, but am hesitant with the wet weather we have had. The rivers are full and many of the lakes at capacity. In August we will be pleading for rain, but right now I could take a break.



Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Rattlesnake Master coming up to bloom
Widow Skimmer

Wild Rose
Frostweed
Major cat fishing




12 comments:

  1. Hi Steve - wonderful photos .. and yes rest up for a while. So pleased your daughter's bird houses are bearing 'fruit' .. enjoy the summer, pottering around and watching nature - as you do .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs! Love that last shot (it's a keeper ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty little perch. I remember catching them when I would go visit my aunt and uncle in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a good day fishing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve- The rose-breasted grosbeak just passes through Nashville. It never stays. But when I was a girl in New Hampshire,they would come and spend the summer, and pick all the Colorado potato beetles eating up the potato leaves in my father's vegetable garden.

    By the way-send some of that rain over here to us. We need it-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Major selfies with your fish catch! It seems that some places are really wet and others very dry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great capture of the red-winged blackbird. Looks like you had some good fishing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love those little Blue Gills. Scale and gut, dust with flour, salt and pepper. Fry up in butter. Eat with fingers to avoid the bones. Nothing better. (Never did learn how to fillet them.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really smiled at those last self captures, Steve, although not sure the fish felt the same way. And, yes they did look giid enough to eat which they would be eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What strange names- rattlesnake master and widow skimmer- I wonder who came up with those. Great fishing...I am so past ready to go, but we have too many flood issues right now. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!