Tuesday, May 26, 2015

On The Road


A festival of fun as I helped lead a field day for third graders in a small town to the north of me. I of course lead a fishing  experience for kids of all shapes and sizes. At the end of the day and over 300 participants I claimed the honor of teaching fishing to the entire third grade of this tiny city. What a great day of fun, and of course I also told a few fish stories and encouraged all to do the same.
I wonder if this guy likes the spider in front of it?
He liked the hook better, but was released unharmed.
Old, new and future fishermen
A prize catch she didn't want to touch
Peony in my yard
This huge beetle wanted to land on my neck and go down inside my shirt. I sent this pic to Mobugs and she said I could have received a terrible bite. It made a smelly escape on my hand as I grabbed it and threw it off to the side, a bit alarmed. It was about as big as your first joint on your thumb. YIKES!
A flying flower flitted close to me
When a large crashing sound landed a huge branch to the left of me
With sore knee still I couldn't run to flee
And breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't the end of me.


11 comments:

  1. I think those beetles are some new invasive thing...not certain but the pic looks familiar. Love the frog pic where you can see his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun outing. Love your nature images, especially the butterfly!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super great and fun photos. Especially the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids look so happy! I'm sure my boys would've enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Field trips are such fun! Love the pictures - particularly the frog (toad? No idea ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun. I did the same thing with a group of 7th grader after I retired. It was at a nature center south of Cresco...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cars in the first photo but I'm not sure what they are. Yes, it would be fun and a challenge teaching grade threes how to fish. I had 120 gr sevens pan for gold. You bet they paid close attention. We had help with the gold panning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun time fishing. Love that picture of the frog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course, Steve, the frog photo was a favorite here at The F&P! But the kids expressions sure told of a fun day. And, what a nice guy you are for teaching all those kids to fish and tell fish tales too. Give yourself a BIG pat on the back cause you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, your posts are filled with interesting photos. LOVE the frog shot--it looks like he posed for you. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi OOTP - love to see the kids having fun and learning a new hobby - they look so happy and bemused ... all the photos are amazing .. but that beetle is an incredible colour - just glad you didn't get a big nasty bite ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!