Sunday, May 3, 2015

Laid Back, Laid Up

 
I always love new lambs, and also black sheep. They look so gentle, but are very skittish when  working with them.  My oldest always was afraid of sheep when she was young. She would go up and pet a huge hog, but stayed back on the sheep. Maybe it was seeing the huge ones at the state fair, where I volunteered at a church booth outside the sheep barn. They can have a wild look in their eyes. Now she is building a herd of Baby Doll sheep, a old variety people often get for pets just because they are cute. Not sure what kind these are, maybe a cross.



Bluebird Dad watching close
A cautious mom getting out for a bit of food for her new babies.
Woodland Phlox covering the forest floor.





I even got my doc's autograph to make sure he did the right knee. I am laid up for at least 10 days. I had to laugh when I arrived for my surgery. The lady at admitting welcomed me by my first name, I guess I am a bit famous in this tiny little town I live in.  I will have to drop some treats off for the care they gave me, treating me like a prince. That is the charm  of living in small town Iowa.

12 comments:

  1. How are you going to survive 10 whole days of recuperation? LOL Heal quick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a successful recovery! Glad you got some good photos before you had surgery. The bluebirds are pretty and the sheep soothing. Thanks for sharing and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue birds, blue flowers. Great post. I guess maybe some of the sheep who scared your daughter were a little rammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi OOTP - glad you're home and safely 'op-wrapped up' ... take care - as once everything really starts bursting you'll be wanting to get out there. The photos are glorious .. while learning your daughter is building up her herd of sheep dolls .. sounds a great conservation idea .. lovely .. cheers and good luck for all the recuperation period .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the sheep and the bluebirds. It's good to see your surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get back to your wonderful pictorial observations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you much healing! I love the caution bluebird :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pics! love the one with the caution sign...too cute! Sorry your laid-up, hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that caution bird too, and the little sheep! Take it easy and heal without interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  10. phlox and bluebirds. can't get much better. knee surgery? my niece just had that done too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you found someone to help out! And if it's your left leg, you could drive if you just had to...Take care!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Steve, I had to play catch up and read previous post, this post and the previous one to find out why you were recuperating and hobbling about. Hope that by the time you read this, you are mich improved. Kudos to all those kind folks, and there surely is nothing like small town helpfulness as we well know!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!