Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hard Walking







I am still hobbling about some. I need to get better quicker I feel, but age may be slowing me down. I am ready for summer travel and this is slowing down my progression. I have been taking it slow, but the list for me to do around here is getting huge. I got some peppers and tomatoes planted this week. My trap team is headed for the state finals and if I can keep them from getting hurt I will be happier. One young lady showed up with an arm sling last night. She had tried some tricks riding bare back on a horse and found out why maybe not to do this. I had to laugh seeing myself at that age and feeling like nothing could bring harm to me. We jumped on any pony just to see how long it took for them to buck us off. My mother always had that same horrified look when we would tell her what we had been doing all day. Sometimes it was best to keep to yourself and not hear a lecture.
Meadowlark singing in the meadow



The beach is ready on the pond
Iris is in bloom
What bird?

14 comments:

  1. everything looks gorgeous. the mockingbirds are perched high up here singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Be kind to yourself in your recouperation...getting older we heal slower. Do you have a walking stick, it might help...well versus crutches:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi OOTP - so pleased you're progressing ... slow is better to be sure! Lovely photography ... the Meadowlark and "What Bird" cat .. and horse chestnuts - conker trees ... love them all. I hoovered on Sunday so I could put my rugs down - pulled the muscles (I think) on my right side .. so now I'm struggling to sleep ... c'est la vie ...

    I'm off out - to give myself an arthritic tonic ... ie it's raining .. well we need the rain and I need the walk! Cheers and take care ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be well, Steve . And gorgeous bluebird you captures there....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have beautiful pictures of spring. Even though it is a rainy day here I feel a bit warmer. Glad you are getting better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty birds and blooms. I like the markings on that cat. Very unique looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, get better quickly. You'll miss out on all summer fun. I'm afraid I wasn't a skilled rider even though I lived on a farm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Goldfinch and Bluebirds are gorgeous. Great shots. Many years ago, I had a cat with almost identical markings to the one in your picture. That stripe on her face was so pronounced when she was a kitten that I called her "Skunk."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blue birds. And all your photos.
    Oh man! Hope you heal up fast!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Age changes your thinking. I am so much more cautious breaking Francie than I ever was breaking Phoenix. I was 20 then. But because I was more reckless, I had a few more hospital trips too (3, if I remember correctly!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I get the feeling that asking you to take it easy, Steve, would fall on deaf ears. Hope the knee is getting better day by day and that you do take it easier for awhile getting back to your routines. Aging does get to be a literal pain(s) sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vibrant pictures. Cool cat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute one which said: "What Bird?" ha ha (SO innocent)....

    Your Bluebirds are busy making/raising babies now, aren't they???? How neat is that.

    Wish we had Meadowlarks around here. I've never seen them --but I have a feeling that we do have them. They just don't come to the feeders...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!