Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Exotic Blooms

Buckeye blooms
Pink and purple petals cover the ground, evidence of a beautiful bloom of trees. The  pond had a ring around it of spent crabapple blooms as a family of geese looked for the best grasses to eat. It was a perfect area for them until I approached and over the bank went the new babies to hide better. The bloom almost came overnight and left the same way. It seemed a bit early for some flowers, such as the tulips this year. New blooms are ready to replace them and a ride today was like going to see some old friends. I almost knew who I would see and hoped to see more. In fact I had been watching a few plants and birds in the same area for almost a decade, and wanted to see it all in one day.
Male and female Cowbird.

Wild Hyacinth

Woodland Larkspur
I liked the bottom of these leaves being such a bright orange.
Lots of phlox dots the forest floor.

A late bloomer
They be ba-a-a-ad

8 comments:

  1. beautiful. I love phlox and yet never remember to spread seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think we have any of those blooms here so it's nice to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the wild hyacinth have that same wonderful scent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I planted some phlox last spring and it seems to be thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am not a big fan of those parasite cowbirds but they are handsome in an unusual way....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Just stopping by to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to you. I’m sure you are having a fabulous day. I celebrated yesterday when one of my sons and his beautiful wife came to see us….

    As you probably know, we’ve been out-of-town this past week and I haven’t done any blogging much at all. I hope you enjoyed my two Tulip blog posts while we were gone——and be sure and tune in tomorrow morning to find out what we’ve been doing this past week….

    Enjoyed your post today! Great blooms --and I laughed at your 'Ba-a-a-ad' comment....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos. I love wild flowers. Everything here is buried under 1 1/2 feet of snow, so it will be awhile before I can enjoy. Thank you for the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!