Monday, April 13, 2015

Rainy Daze

Flowers are bursting open all around the area. I plant lots of spring bulbs every year, sometimes forgetting where I put all of them. I like to naturalize the daffodils all over, they have such a happy look always. These were some of the first ones I put in when I bought the property. It also is a good year for ticks, I picked two off me through the evening. When you wake up at 4 am and have an itch that won't go away, it is almost a positive  fact one is going to be on you. The second was a small deer tick that looks like a tiny freckle. I put peroxide on a cloth and soak them , then they wipe away. Of course you start itching all over anticipating others.  Glad there weren't anymore, I hate having blood sucking critters on me.
Wild Turkey

Meadowlark singing me a love song.


Redbuds ready to burst forth . This area of woods has thousands to enjoy.

Coots

Beaver
Twin Crested Cormorant
Flocks of ducks still coming through.

Pussy toes


15 comments:

  1. It looks like spring is really there where you are now. I'm not seeing anything like that here yet, only small signs of green here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your signs of spring but I could do without the blood sucking critters that make me itch....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the misty view over the lake (although I'm sure you would like sunshine to return). Love the wildlife shots as well.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. spring is like a wave that moves northward. daffs and red buds been done here for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am guilty of forgetting where I plant stuff. Ugh, ticks. We get a lot in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As well as being colorful daffodils are very early. I like rainy weather. I like Eddy Rabbit's I Love a Rainy night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi OOTP - love the daffs and all those bulbs popping up .. ours are looking gorgeous now and how wonderful you're out there putting more bulbs in .. and then the bursting blooms of the trees .. gorgeous .. while the Pussy Toes are a just brilliant fun name .. Spring is wonderful .. we might even get some mid 20s this week .. a warming shock .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite a variety of wildlife! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never knew the name of those little shite, three-toed flowers. They grow here in rings that as a child I named fairy rings. I still stand in the middle and make a wish when I see those rings on the lawn. Lovely spring photos - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chubby meadowlark singing specifically to you of love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We must be in a very similar weather zone. The same stuff is blooming here and the same birds are showing up in our spot on the west side of the Rockies. Your meadow lark looks a little different but the turkeys, beaver, coots, deer and pussy toes look pretty much the same. I bury my extra flower bulbs on the canal bank and have quite a crop of "wild" ones now. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shots!!
    Beware of those darn ticks! IF it turns red and starts to swell, see a doctor!!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos. Spring has sprung. Scary about the ticks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like Spring has SPRUNG... I too love Daffodils --and love seeing them growing along the way when we travel the back roads. They are just happy little flowers.

    I don't think I have ever had a tick bite... Good to know about the peroxide on a cloth...

    We've been out hiking --and saw some beautiful waterfalls.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. L0ts of waterfowl here moving north too. Truth to tell those Lyme disease carrying deer ticks scare me than the big bad bears in Montana....:)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!