Sunday, February 15, 2015

At The Cabin


A nice sunny day gives me time to listen to nature all around me. I sit on the cabin porch and watch little dogs hunt for whatever they can smell or hear under the soft blanket of snow. I dream of making snowmen, wishing I had some help to make a huge sculpture. The snow was perfect today just for that. I can hear voices of days past carried in the winds, and realize it is the geese and ducks nearby. A deer ventures up into the yard and I watch her, having seen her earlier back by the bird blind. It is a pleasant day to rock in a chair and plan my garden, maybe even decide what to make for dinner. Cinnamon rolls are already on the rise, they taunt me once done and I try not to eat too many. Nothing finishes off a cold day as well as warm homemade breads. A song comes over the hills and beacons me to head back out and explore, there still are many treasures to be found today out on the prairie. I send good health and  happiness to all of you, carried on a gentle prairie breeze.












17 comments:

  1. What a peaceful spot. A nice place to relax and take in the beauty you're surrounded by

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all makes me want to go outside right now. I wish it wasn't getting dark as I'm reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little cabin in the woods. How peaceful!
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say you're getting anxious for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. Ah, the peace of simply viewing nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recall when the snow was good for a snowman. You could roll the parts along - and then had to find someone strong enough to stack them. Unless you wanted a wimpy, thin snowman. No one wanted that. Enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great cabin and the snow not too deep. I could probably endure that for a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I guess it's officially Winter! Burrrrrr!
    Love the photos!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful cabin. We enjoyed the weekend in ours. Our Ella had spa day today. I gave her a bath, haircut, and clipped her nails. Then we went for a run and she tangled with beggars lice. I spent the rest of the evening pulling them out of her beard. The cinnamon rolls sound grand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are of like mind. It snowed all day here and I made cinnamon bread!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those horses...are they yours?
    Your cabin is gorgeous, and I would love to help out with a snow man, I really would. Packing some mittens right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you make a snowman? The thought of warm cinnamon buns...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow---what a neat cabin. I'd love that one. I assume you decided against going to Texas now. My son said he never heard back from you. Maybe his properties are a little up-scale for you, but it truly is gorgeous down there. I do hope you get there sometime --even if you don't stay in his properties... (Even we can't afford those properties--or at least, don't choose to spend our money that way, so if that is the reason, I understand.)

    BUT--your cabin sounds absolutely perfect to me. Love all of the snow and wildlife.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty cabin !
    It is good to see wild life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's easy to see why you enjoy spending time at the cabin, Steve. Those cinnamon buns sound great and I would also be hard pressed to eat just 1 or maybe 2. You have pretty snowfall there as well and some deer "neighbors."

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful area! ugh. jealous...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!