Thursday, January 1, 2015

The First Sunrise Of The Year

That first sunrise of the year woke me up hours before it occurred here around me. I made some French toast and thought about adding a doughnut, but avoided that issue. I headed out to grab a perfect shot when the first glimmer of hope showed me some clouds to work with. I raced toward the river and was met with the chatter of geese, ducks and eagles. They were all excited how cold it was. I could barely move myself from all the layers I placed on a full belly. The trees were full of resting eagles, they seem to love it better when it is cold. They were all waking to head for a favorite fishing area. A few families of deer stooped to taste the tender grasses and offered me a chance to greet them again. A meeting of all my good friends, out to enjoy a brisk winter day.














A Red-tailed Hawk




11 comments:

  1. A beautiful start to the new year. Personally I would have gone for the donut :)
    All the best to you in 2015

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely start to the year. All of your usual suspects there to help you greet it. Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the photos all look amazing!!!

    Your first day of the year begun really well! I wish you a Happy New Year and may God bless you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deer sure gave you a good look. Nice sunrise for the first day of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours... I hope that 2015 will bring you (and us) lots of joy, happiness and GOOD HEALTH....

    Gorgeous photos, Steve.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shots of the deer. I see so many deer myself, but never when I can get any pictures right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi OOTP - it was a chilly start to your day ... the sky just adds to the atmosphere ... puffed up feathers, ruffled mane, furry coats ... and that full belly of French toast - sounds good ... then the frozen shore to make sure we know it's mighty cold ...

    Happy New Year to you and your friends in the 'hood ... fair and fowl ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world through your eyes is a splendid place to see. Thanks for a year of great photos. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your year is off to an excellent start!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a Wonderful New Year in your enchanting world.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!