Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Some Fine Feathered Friends

Intense winter cold brings lots of activity to the feeders. I often fill them daily when it is resembling the artic outside. A few deer try to squeeze in and eat what ever is available for an easy meal. Today will be  a good day to play indoors, the warnings say not to leave your home unless you have to. Schools have closed and business will be slow. I went to the store yesterday and there was only one other person.  I added some shelled corn to feed others who raid my sunflower seed.












This guy even stopped for a bit, but wasn't interested in seed, he likes fish and more fish. Road kill doesn't stay around long however, they make sure all is taken care of.

14 comments:

  1. SO many gorgeous birds!
    Stay warm up there!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Tufted Titmouse? Need to get my birdfeeders back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi OOTP - yes I'd like to be fed too in Arctic conditions!! What's the little blue job called? Love the others - all so beautiful ... even the eagle is hunkered down into his neck and shoulders ...

    Glad you're checking in on them .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it how the birds are giving color and life to the grey landscapes.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Blue Jay - his tail is so so pretty and now I see it in full on Wiki .. incredible bird .. I can see why you'd be asking him to open up his wings for you!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not even seen many birds with this cold weather. You are a hardy soul to go searching for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many pretty birds.
    They closed schools here today too. It's been snowing and blowing all day long

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recognize most, but not all, of the birds. It's going to be our coldest weather so far for a few days. I need to refill my feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an impressive number of species who are your customers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice array of birds coming to visit you. Love the eagle. We had a dead coyote out on the meadow, and 2 golden eagles eating lunch. I tried to get a picture, but too far away. I watched from the kitchen window with binos. Amazing how huge those birds are. There are very few of them here.
    Stay warm! Looks like you all are getting cold! We've been so mild here. And wet. But that's ok by me. :)
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful variety of birds. I always love seeing them here. I was giving up hope of seeing any at all myself, but I saw two friendly little birds right outside my door this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a great variety of birds that come!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wildlife photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!