Friday, January 30, 2015

January Thaw

I have been doing some repairs on nesting boxes. It still will be a while before I see any Bluebirds nesting, but the unseasonable warm offered a chance to do so.
Ice fishing




A bit of green fills the woods. It has thawed and I am getting ready to get new snow over the weekend. I need some good snow to take a group sledding. My family are all out in Colorado snow boarding. When a big storm front moves in they go running for it. I decided to stay at the farm.





This guy was hitch hiking, headed south somewhere nice.







6 comments:

  1. I just love that kitty sunning itself. Pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting heavy snow tonight ...about 10- 20 cm (4 - 8 in). There's still lots of kick in this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like most people are having a fairly mild winter this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the cat with the bird box. I like the look of pleasure on its face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snowman is cute and that last picture of the cat by the birdhouse is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thaw indeed. Curious - what type of lens do you use to get the closeups of birds.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!