Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles love the extreme cold. They were thick the other morning when temperatures dipped into  the single digits. It is enjoyable to watch these huge birds feed and socialize. Their chatter makes me wonder what they are saying.  Perhaps it's taunting others to chase them, or bragging about a fish they caught. As many of you know, I am not new to telling fish stories myself. I watched them for most of the morning, until my stomach told me it  was time to eat. Maybe I should have went for sushi, after watching them engulf a few fish.  That shrill cry keeps me around a bit longer, just to listen to their stories and songs. They will fly sixty to eighty miles for a good meal.







The call of the wild, as one arrives and chatters to all that can hear it. Perhaps this is an age old song, a song I often hear out in nature.  Some might say it is more of a chant or prayer, a song of life that has been around for eons.
Praying




Smile



13 comments:

  1. they are glorious birds. you got some excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such an amazing bird and you got such stunning shots of them. We have them around here but I've only seen them off in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such majestic creatures.
    You should check out my Moms blog at http://smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
    She lives on the west side of washington. At the base of mt. Baker. There are hundreds of rivers and water ways. Eagles galore. She gets some great pictures.
    Btw. Do you get birds and blooms magazine? It's a great read.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these candid captures!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots. I have to get out along the river and check our eagles. We usually have the odd one over winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are fabulous shots. That one does look like it's bowing it's head in prayer and I do like the smile on the one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing your bald eagle pictures. I love these birds so much. I wish there were more of them near me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful. You got great pictures. I went to a raptor presentation this past weekend at the science museum and learned quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi OOTP - lovely shots and they must be amazing to watch and to photograph. I love the way they swoop and fish ... clever! Bowing its head ... and smiling ... but there are loads of them chattering away .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky you are to be able to watch these magnificent birds in action. When we were driving across country and while on a state road, we saw an eagle soaring. It was such a breathtaking sight we pulled over to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to see this. I've only seen them at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This big bird is a wonderful eagle. I could see and shot one in driving to Yellowstone park.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!