Monday, November 17, 2014

Keeping Cool

Who would have thought when I saw this Wooly bear last week that an about face change was due with the weather.  All of the sudden fall leaves the area and winter sets in. This weekend is suppose to be above freezing so all the snow will leave for a bit. One year we had eleven inches on Thanksgiving. I had invited everyone who was hungry and had most cancel if they were from out of town. That was a lot of leftovers.

We went for a nice hike and enjoyed the fresh snow. The bitter cold pierced through my clothing and finally made the decision for me to turn around and return to a warm vehicle. I need  to get a new jacket for the dogs, it does seem to help. Daisy would like to wear hers indoors, she never seems to get warm enough. I am sure if I looked she has returned to bed and burrowed under the covers. I think I will make another pot of coffee and loaf inside all day. I made a Dutch Apple pie yesterday that has been taunting me all morning. Stop by and enjoy a slice.






Piggy dog likes to roll in the snow just as she does sand. One would think this would make her colder, but doesn't seem to phase her in the artic cold.


It's hard to tell which end is which.







11 comments:

  1. Hi OOTP - well I'm counting my blessings we're warm and damp .. but I do love the photos and love snow when it falls ... I tend to hibernate, unless I absolutely have to go out - now I can!! The dogs are happy - and no doubt happier too once inside .. yes please I'll drop by for the Dutch Apple Pie -cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a nice eye but I'm still glad we don't get snow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it look so lovely. We have the same around here.. perhaps a bit more and it's still snowing. The lake is frozen and covered with a few inches of the white stuff. I guess winter is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually the first couple of snows are pretty to watch but it melts when it hits the ground. Not this year. The first snow is still hiding under all the rest of the snow. Hope you are keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colder out where you are on the prairie. Enjoy every moment and keep sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily is quite the snow puppy. I'll be right over for a piece of that pie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice way to show the snow on flower heads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cupola and corral photos. You take the coolest walks. I so enjoy them. I was also sad about the colder weather. I'm still trying to thaw out after going hunting with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you say Apple Pie...????Hahaaa....Sounds Delicious!!
    Love the shots...looks COLD!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of this new cold and snow make it hard to want to go outside, but it's still a beautiful sight. My dog used to like rolling in the snow too, but not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I'd be happy if we didn't have snow for another 6 weeks! But it sure has been cold here. It could happen.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!