Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Having A Great Day With You



        I enjoy the beautiful mosaics formed by the leaves.
 
 

A heart formed by a tiny fern that has survived the cold.
 
Lamb chops



Milkweed  down was once harvested to make life preservers.


 


The fall colors are fading away, but a few have decided to stay. Recent winds have taken the leaves off tree limbs and spread them about the country. It is nice to have enjoyed this colorful time, but I have worn my parka the last few days in the mornings. A killer frost visited and left ideas of snow instead of rain all over the states. Today looks to warm enough not to have to wear a jacket, but strong winds make it seem even colder. I have been out trout fishing, and they are so fun one forgets about how cold it is. I notice the sun's glow in all the colorful undergrowth in the forests, giving a last glimpse of fall. I have hiked so much this last few weeks my legs could use a rest, but there is always somewhere that hails to me to visit. Warm sand and sunny beaches sound real nice, each year I have been known to say I am going leave the cold. I forget what fun that cold offers with skating and sledding, as well as some interesting hikes into a frozen fairyland that winter creates.


Wait, I would happy to join you if you are headed for that beach and sun.
 

9 comments:

  1. Another beautiful collection. It's been pretty dull and gray here recently so it's especially nice to see your lovely sunlit colours.. and adorable critters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe we should get a bus because I'm sure there are plenty of us who would like to head to the beach for the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do live in a beautiful place!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>



    ReplyDelete
  4. By being out you find the beauty of the land you live in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like seeing the pictures of your dogs exploring. Dogs give me so much joy. I'm going to try to really enjoy the colder weather this year. I recently realized I've been missing that in the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi OOTP .. love the photos ... the dogs having such fun, the colours and as you mention mosaics of hues ... it's good to have the seasons - life is different and can be richer ... fishing sounds glorious ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. rainy day here and yesterday. gray and overcast, it suits my mood or else reflects it. I could use a day out in nature but will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA ---we ARE going to the beach in December.. Wanna go????? BUT--I am one who loves winter--always have!!!! SO---I'm ready to get all the rest of our leaves down and then get some winter!

    You would have laughed at me outside blowing leaves today.. The wind was strong and whipping around all sorts of directions... I would blow a few leaves --and then they'd all come right back and hit me in the face.... Don't think it is smart to blow leaves with winds like that... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dogs seem to be having the grandest of times!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!