Sunday, October 12, 2014

Garrison Rock

A trip into a nice wooded valley
The hillsides slope at a steep angle as I walk down the stream bed.



Even in the winter this Falling Fern stays green, as well as the lichen and moss on all the rock.
Lets move to higher ground to avoid climbing through a lot of trees

If you walk around the monkey face rock there is another small box canyon and a series of small caves. It is a real challenge to clamber up some real steep faces to ascend to a ridge across a prairie.
Fog still stays with the morning

One can walk around in this cave



Climbing up to a meadow on the ridge


Past a pioneer cemetery
And down  a major hill to head home

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot. I love that the ferns wills stay green. That must be quite a startling contrast when the snow flies. The flowers in the meadow sure are vibrant. As for the caves.. I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has very much the look of Bluff Country though I don't know exactly where you were. Beautiful hill and valleys....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow---if I didn't know better, I'd say you were hiking in the Smoky Mountains!!!!!! ha.... Interesting area --and caves. I'd walk 'around' the caves but wouldn't ever try to go IN them... ha ha

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi OOTP - looks similar to countryside here ... when it's green and slippery, but wonderful earthy underfoot and aromas sifting upwards ... gorgeous photos .. and I bet you felt healthier afterwards .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would give you a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't notice the monkey face in the rock until I read it then I looked again and it popped right out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful spot there for some hiking around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice walk. I enjoyed it. Very green there. We in golds now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That reminds me a forrest bear Paris where we went sometimes to walk and climb big rocks.
    Lily is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!