Friday, July 25, 2014

Summer Fun, And Then Some

Faded glory
 

Something really pretty
Maybe just a weed to you
Today it is something pretty
Really true blue.





Around the yard


Double White Cosmo
I liked the white stripe in this zinnia.  I always put in quite a few, along with cosmos. I have six sizes starting with a tiny dwarf.

Hmmmmm, what are we looking for ? A little dog explores the garden with me, shown in the top left hand corner of the pic above. I sometimes call her Nosy Rosie, it is so hard to stay away. Eating the best of sweet corn almost every day.  It must be a good year because a lot of stands are getting only $4 a dozen. Mine is out of my garden, a white variety. Wapsie Willie has came over and taken a lot of my tomatoes. He moved into apartments last year and misses his garden. He came over Sunday and said he would eat, even though that wasn't why he was there. He just needed to get out for a bit. May have fed him every Sunday this month and last. LOL Kind of fun to hear his stories, he is 89. He just showed up as I close this, see you later. Have a pork prime rib on the grill and lots of veggies.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, Great photos... Love your flowers. That lily looks like a Muscadet.. Beautiful! The little fawn is adorable... You captured him really good.

    I love sweet corn-on-the-cob this time of year... We buy ours at the Farmer's Market... YUM.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your summer flowers. We just had some locally grown sweet corn the other night and it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always ,colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dragonfly pic. Looks like he's drinking from a straw!
    How cool that willie comes over. I like visiting with older people and listening to their stories.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve - lovely shots ... and the whole makes me want to move over .. prairie, fresh veggie, little fourlegged companion to wander with and beautiful sunshine .. then WillieWasp with his stories sounds fun .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks a great summer. I love the little blue day flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like when dogs get in the picture. I always make sure mine gets in at least once on every trip.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!