Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Getting Around

Tiger Swallowtail


Visitor in the greenhouse


Great Blue Heron
Monarch caterpillar on milkweed
Muskrat
Wild Daisy at the lake
Red Admiral
Gulf Fritillary


Gray Hairstreak

Killdeer


Question Mark, you can see the marking on the wing.
The wind was nice for a short moment in the morning. It has been hard to find sun with all the storms coming through. I  raced to the lake  to enjoy some fishing and wished  for the cool to stay, but it faded away and the warm made me feel I maybe should be at the beach. I took a dive later and just lay in the shallows, forgetting that the sun would change me into a shade pinker. OUCH! I hate that when this happens. I am headed to a picnic with lots of lotion and sunscreen. Celebrating a pair of birthdays and admiring new critters at a friends farm. They are expanding into rabbits, turkeys and chickens to make use of their acreage better, calling it a minifarm. Hoping you transcended into summer well. I will return camping  for a few days to catch up on my pastry eating and fishing stories. I hope to visit with a few areas I have reintroduced native prairie and see what else is needed.

15 comments:

  1. Nice to see all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the flowers and butterflies. I hate that when I over do in the sun. It doesn't take long for me to do that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a new camera. None of my photos turn out as beautifully as yours. Course, you have good subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think its the camera, its the person behind the camera :-)

      Delete
  4. You have a great combination of flowers and butterflies. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of the butterflies. I'm trying to remember my knowledge of butterfly names for the ones I've recently seen. This helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some striking finds here. I love the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh oh. Sorry you got burned!

    You have seen a lot of wildlife lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hit the "butterfly jackpot"--great shots !!! Love the beautiful flowers you captured too. Have a nice weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Though I'm ignorant on the varieties the butterflies are truly gorgeous...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great capture of the muskrat! They are hard to photo.
    Love all the flowers and butterflies.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great capture of the muskrat. They can be hard to photograph.
    Love all the flowers and butterflies.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a good time at the celebrations!
    Cool shots!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - thanks for the visit re D-Day .. your photos are wonderful and the area looks really lush - which means the flora and fauna looks great too .. love 'wild Daisy' ..

    Hope the mini farm expands happily ... and you enjoy your visits there .. happy birthdays and picnics - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!