Friday, June 13, 2014

Exploring


It wasn't until I looked to confirm the identity of this Toothed Spurge that I had more than just the Stilt Bug at one o'clock on the flower. Look at those legs, click to get a larger photo. At 9 o'clock are a weevil and tiny beetle. MOBugs was quick to offer ID on the bug, but the others were too tiny. Thanks Shelley. You know I need to know it all.
You looking at me?


A tiny wasp
This Periodical Cicada is a 17 year visitor. This one looked rather alien when  emerging, and they were thick camping last week. I opened my back hatch and had two follow me home, waiting right by the door to flee.
 
 







 Indigo Bunting

Buttercups
The moon in June 

10 comments:

  1. How lovely and soul healing ALL!
    Cicada sound Summer this? Wow



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice bunch of pictures. I love the closeups of the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great view on the exploration trail :) That cicada does look like an alien with those red eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bug ID skills are not too good as to me they are just photo subjects. But when I get a good shot, I will often check Grenville's resource books for a name. We have yellow buttercups here so nice go see white versions, Steve. Nice June moon and sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a big fan of most insects except butterflies but the birds and wildflowers do turn my crank....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great shots but that moon is Gorgeous!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've outdone yourself this time--what a lovely and interesting series of photos. The insect pics are excellent, the moon shot is beautiful, and that last sunset shot is awesomel--nice work !!!!! Have a great weekend. Mickie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did have a marvelous adventure. All those beautiful shots. I like the bee the best.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!