Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Has Sprung, I Think

 
 
 
A few warm days
Really spoils me
Spring has sprung
Only maybe.






A remnant of ice along the lake shore with a herd of yearling deer.
Where ski moguls stay after the ski season.
If you lost your Black Dog tube, here it is. I have my own black dog.
 
 





I saw a heart

A favorite stream to play on and look for arrowheads. I like this area since dogs can run loose and explore a variety of scents. It was dry in late fall and early winter so we  came here often and played on the many trees bridging over the stream bed. On this day we looked for antler sheds.




The van pulled up to check their feeders. A couple has maintained these feeders at their favorite campsite all winter. They stay often at this space and enjoy the birds who visit them, but the same campground friends also. I watched a bit, more interested with a recent flock of pelicans down in a bay on the lake. I was also looking over where I might want to stay when I visited again to camp.  The area looks down on the huge lake. I often stay around the corner with a huge site and lots of shade , where this area is more open. This time of year it is nice to have lots of sun to stay warm, so I may have to give it a try.

I had one campground at a state forest where I spent a great deal of time with a couple who always had a the coffee pot going and liked to fish all day as I did. We just showed up on the same days without planning it, both wanting to spend lots of time here trout fishing.The husband and I went at the break of dawn and walked back along a trout stream going from good hole to the next. His wife took her time and would find us with a thermos and cups. She was slower waking and sometimes those blankets were too soft  to get up on a cold morning. A fire was also started back at camp so we had coals to cook our catches on, but if fishing was good it had to be rekindled. For two summers we often met, but one summer I didn't see them. The wife had had some health problems and they were unable to travel. She passed away that year and I toasted our good times with a cup of coffee. I have thought of them when sitting outdoors with a hot cup of coffee, missing her smile and telling me, " I have the coffee going!" I carry my coffee maker with a small metal pot when camping, it can warm one up or conversation with many.

16 comments:

  1. Love the first pic. Those horses look like they're enjoying their naps in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw green poking through all over yesterday as I was driving. I hate hot summer days but I am certainly ready for winter to end. The green was such a welcoming sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, it looks like spring has sprung there. I hope it starts looking like that here

    ReplyDelete
  4. You constantly make the outdoors into a very attractive living space. Now you didn't have to convince me of that. I just like your description.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! Buttercups. Moved heifers today, saw a lot of wildflowers starting to come up!
    Arrowhead hunting is so fun. I have found a few around the ranch.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just glorious


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral

    =^..^= <3


    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see the warmth is progressing north and the snow and ice are vanquished again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is clearly showing first signs of arrival, even though it still seems to be shy. I love your dogs, they look so happy playing and jumping around.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bright yellow flowers are a welcome sight. We don't have any here yet, but the grass has greened up considerably. The flower can't be far behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely assortment of photos. Keep your fingers crossed that "spring has sprung"--it has been known to snow here in April. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can only hope that it has sprung and sprung to stay. No more teases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello on a gorgeous, spring day in TENNESSEE. Wow---after the long and bitter winter we had this year, Spring is even more inviting and lovely.

    I'm so glad that you are getting some Spring there also. Your pups enjoy it --along with all of the wildlife... So do WE!!!!! Aren't campground folks just the BEST?

    We are now home 'again' --after our 5th trip since the end of February.... Seems as if we visited five different states --although the trips weren't planned for that reason... ha... BUT--as I always say, it's great to be home... I did publish a blog post today--so check it out when you have time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post.... Nothing like a spring day, a cuppa and good dogs to hike with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We spent most of Friday outdoors cutting the lawn and weeding...it's that time. Lots of wasps and carpenter bees to keep us company too, and a pesky robin that wanted to tear apart the hammock for nesting materials. We like the girds, but are nit into sharing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sad story. I enjoyed the photos. I especially liked the duck photos. We don't get as many ducks in the hills as we do on the Missouri.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!