Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Road Trip


 A cold day, the lake still frozen, made it a good day to stay inside. I went to my favorite  store to get bread and cheese and had a short lunch in an old cemetery I had once mowed in. I let little dogs run and catch the smells as I finished a nice lunch. Food always tastes better outdoors to me, even the simplest. I sat on the cold bench tossing a few morsels to my friends. A local art museum had a video artist as its center of attention and of course I needed to see this. I am attracted to others ideas to expand on my own, but sometimes these events just soothe my soul. I visit all the new and then go back to see a few old friends that have had an appeal for decades. Afterwards I take little dogs on a romp of the grounds, they enjoy this part of our cultural ecstasy.





Sunflower seeds









Nice to be back home.

11 comments:

  1. Quite the departure from your usual images. :) I love that skull pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very interesting pictures this time. Some of them remind me that I haven't visited the Sioux City Museum yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots! I love the cemetery. They always fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love road trips and this was certainly a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fun trip with some very interesting sights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the inside shot, looking down from above. But I confess that the last shot is more my style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific trip. I like the photo of the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! The Plastic Container Face - I must make one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cemetary would be an unusual lunch spot, Steve, but certainly a quiet one and good place for little dogs to run around cause no one will be disturbed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steve, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!