Monday, December 16, 2013

Keeping Up With The Holidays

The holidays can wear one out trying to keep up with everything. I tend to take a more laid back attitude with mine. I only have a few gifts to still get. Certain animals may not get anything, there is a naughty and nice clause in this. I need to find Daisy a stocking, mine seems to stay empty where the pets always have something. Lily would unwrap anything given the command.

Do any of you remember the bobble head dogs people used to put in their back windows of their car?

Eagles really blend during a snow storm. I need to shovel , but I am sure it will wait.












 
Black Capped Chickadee and a Tufted Titmouse
 
A lot of action at the feeders. Need to go get more sunflower seed for a local conservation center. A good gift to share along with enjoying the traffic it brings in. They have a great viewing area one can sit in and enjoy the variety in deep woods.
 

13 comments:

  1. Haha love the bobblehead. I used to have a cat that liked to ride in the car like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy and Lily and eagles and birds feeding -- oh, but it's such a comfy scene. And those birds are going to chirp to the heavens about your generous spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My holidays are pretty laid back as well. Not much fuss going on here and I really like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dogs and a cat have stockings. They get a toy and a bone! The dogs know what its all about! Look at all those eagles, how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really caught the harshness of winter with bare trees and brittle grasses. It's pretty cool to see that many eagles sitting together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA--that cat looks the way many of us feel this time of year... This season can get a bit stressful!!! I try not to get stressed anymore --like I used to when the kids were little and when I was working fulltime... These days, life is much more calm!!!

    Great photos of the Eagles and the Birds... We all need to feed the birds especially during the winter.

    Great post.
    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice winter shots with lots of Eagles and a Tufted Titmouse. In fifty years I've only had one of those visit my feeders. A rare sight this far north...

    ReplyDelete
  8. much as I dislike snow and cold, your pictures make it look so pretty. I've seen several kinds of hawks but never seen an eagle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious of all of those beautiful baldies who share their wonder with your camera. And I love that first shot. Cats sure do make themselves comfy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tufted titmouse has also reappeared at our feeders, Steve, and is one of my favorite winter birds along with the very colorful cardinals we are getting in droves right now. yes, I do recall bobble head dolls...does that show our age?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually have one of those bobble head dogs, and it looks a lot like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your photos but your comment on that cute little bobble head made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaaa!! YES! I DO remember the bobble head dogs in the rear windows of cars! Hadn't thought of that in Forever!!
    Love the shots...turning Cold there!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!