Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall In Love

Each year when I listen
To loving thoughts in the air
I must be in love
With what's there
Thank you Mother Nature
I love you everywhere.
 
Back lighting with the sun on some blue stem, and a variety of other seed heads.
 

 
A buckeye who hasn't figured frost is going to make life hard soon.

 
 What do you mean it's too c-c-cold for me to still be  out, I just lost my tail and grew legs!
 

 
A tattered warrior
 







 
Coyote was running his best to get across a field. He had a Mallard drake in his mouth and perhaps a few hungry youngsters to enjoy a feast he had waited a long time to catch. Soon a eagle flew over, and they are famous to steal an easy lunch. Coyote ran for cover into a field and disappeared from my sight. A dismal sight was getting a few hundred feet down the road and seeing another coyote laying by the side of the road, a recent tragedy. I wondered if they were a pair and said a prayer for both of them. The thoughts were carried with their wisdom across the prairie, on a gentle prairie breeze for all to hear.
 
,

 
When I see this bright vines, it is almost like the heart in the forest. I listen and almost expect to hear a beat. There is a song in the wind, a song of love, carried to all who listen.


 
 Blue Racer
 

18 comments:

  1. How amazing you saw a coyote with a mallard. Sorry he lost his mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were great pictures. (Even the snake. Up close, that snake looked a bit perplexed.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some beauties here, Steve. I love the butterfly on the thistle...before the one that shows his tatters. The buckeye butterfly is beautiful. Even the blue racer is pretty, in a drab sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lotsa neat pics! Love the red vines. I bet when the sun hits it just right, it looks like it glows. Coulda done with out seeing the snake! LOL! I am not fond of snakes....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second photo is my favorite... Don't like the snake ones!!! ewwww....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad about the coyote. They're such magnificent creatures. Lovely pics as always but I especially love the read leaf heart. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of the leaves and butterflies are pretty well beat up from a long summer. The leaves have done their work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the best pictures. I am truly amazed at the myriad of things you find.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a delightful post to read first thing in the morning. Inspiring, heartfelt, and show-stopping! Thank you for putting so much time and thought into your posts. I find it to be a great way to begin my day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh -- the critters must be confused! Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great series of beautiful photos, and thanks for visiting. I really loved your story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is someone's dinner and as you said, the coyote may have had a family to feed. Hope it escaped the eagle, but sad that one was killed. We saw a young deer dead in the woods on a recent walk and it was sad. No more butterflies here, not even any tattered ones.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh poor coyote, always makes me sad to see dead creatures on the side of the road. Looks like you got up close and personal with that snake :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think if I saw the blue racer, I'd be doing some racing of my Own!Hahaa
    Love the shots!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh--you can keep the snakes!!!! Poor coyote though.. Hope he hadn't lost his mate... Such is nature....

    I'm in love with FALL also.... Such a gorgeous season.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steve, thanks for the comment on my road colors post and I DO agree with you that pulling over to avoid power lines and light poles is a much better way to take photos. Unfortunately, other highway drivers would not be so cooperative and most likely we would be in a collision to get a photo. But, if there is a pullover on a back road, then most definitely we try to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  17. always great pics. I saw so few butterflies this year but I did see a sulfur on Sunday. the snake is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos. The snake looks happy and a little sleepy, must be almost ready for his winter nap. What IS that vine? It's one of the first things to begin turning here but I have no idea what it is. Hopefully not one of the itchy varieties?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!