Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blue Skies, And A Little Color

 The chatter was evident who it was. A Belted Kingfisher called out to me. It stayed just far enough away to elude the camera. I was trout fishing with a pair of little dogs trying to distract me also. The first fish caught their attention away  from a continual wrestling match that obviously was to entertain me. This starts when I get up in the morning as both vie for my devoted attention, even though they slept with me all night. I caught my five in three hours and took these wild dogs out for a walk after cleaning my catch. I was a bit worn out before we even started , but the sights around and warming of the day gave me a new source of energy. It was just above freezing when I started so a thermos with a bit of coffee was ideal to gulp down. Off we went through our campground. Part of the fun camping this time of year is you often have the whole place to yourself. An occasional car passes with a friendly wave. Lily needs a trim so attracts burrs, seeds and leaves easily. I always carry a comb to pull a few things loose when needed. Maybe this week I can take some time and get her in, but it is hard to give up on all the fun playing in the colorful woods.














 A prickly subject





12 comments:

  1. Lots of color here. I liked the slice of moon. Did you get to watch the Leonids? I intended to but I fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a beautiful fall day for this outing. The colors are wonderful. Love the orange crescent moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve, Wonderful Autumn photos. My favorite today is the 5th from the bottom--but I love them all. All of our colors are GONE from here now... It's beginning to look like winter here... Where did Fall go??????

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaves, leaves, gorgeous leaves! Oh, but Mother Nature is a beautiful lady.

    And it was wonderful, reading your comment about cooking all those turkeys . . . Steve, your heart is as big as the prairie sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome color. Yes, most people miss some of the best camping time. to be fair people with kids have a tough time to get out. Motor homes would make it toasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, I can see how it would be difficult to tear yourself away from all that color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it is quiet camping this time of year! I like your moon shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall colors, and a lovely series of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That MOON. Beautiful orange. Perfect with the rest of the fall colors in your images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems that Lily will have to keep that longer hair a bit longer...hard to give up these scenes, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fall color -- which I imagine has almost disappeared by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours but I love that prickly shadow the best. Your dogs sound like they're a hoot.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!