Friday, October 4, 2013

Celebrating Life

 
Celebrating another year tomorrow out on the prairie with kolaches, jelly doughnuts and croissants. Actually it all started today, so stop by and help me eat these pastries so I will have time for real food. Wait isn't this real food, it is real good from Olsen Bakery in Omaha. I ran over to get some strudel for a  friend also celebrating in a few days. For the rest of everyone, let them eat cake, that is if anyone makes one. My favorite malt shop has buy two get the third one free, so I am sure to stop tomorrow. Last year I tried it on my own and felt a little obsessive. Join me!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I know that whatever you do you will enjoy it. Save me one of those jelly donuts, I'm on my way....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Steve. The pastries look wonderful. Don't make yourself sick, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Eat and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! The kolaches look so good. They were a staple in the house when i was growing up. Eat one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday !
    Your pastries looks so goog.
    Yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Happy Late Birthday to you Steve! It was also my Mother's....
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, I'd help you eat those if I was there. happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked at Mutual with Denise Olsen -- of Olsen's Bakery -- many years ago. Small world! Those look yummy and no calories I'm sure. Happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh excellent.. they look yummy. Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, dear Steve.. and many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss kolaches. You can't find them here. Sounds like a good way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated birthday wishes, Steve, and so glad I read this post AFTER all those delicious bakery treats were gone. They looked so good just in the photo and am sure they were tasting even better. We ate too many good things on our recent Niagara Falls road trip, so now it's cut down time (sadly). Hope you had a great celebration and a wonderful year ahead -- all the best from Beatrice & Grenville and Dorothy & Pat too.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!