Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Charmer

 
A  charming afternoon., a day of exploring after it became too hot to fish anymore. I walked up a trail watching for birds and butterflies.  A variety of blooms greeted me and told me to stay for a bit, perhaps to find a hidden treasure. I watched all around and listened to the breeze kissing me. It carried an ever lasting happiness for those who believe in the spirit of the land. This has been traveling on the winds of this land for hundreds of years to share and renew happiness with all, out on the prairie. My thoughts blended with others carried away on a gentle prairie breeze.

 
Even the smallest of flowers charmed me, calling out for me to enjoy their beauty.
 



 
Huge Bullfrogs
 

 
A baby cardinal flits around its father learning even more about it's new world.
 






 
Monarch
 


 
Red Admiral
 


 
Skippers flock to the sweetness of these flowers. On the left is a Silver Streaked joined by a Common.
 

20 comments:

  1. beautiful shots. it's so dry here. another summer of drought. let's hope we get our fall rains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photographs! They put me right there. What a charmer the baby cardinal is. So cute. And that beautiful monarch. Thanks for a lovely share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Steve, These are all beautiful. Great share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are beautiful, Steve. What a wonderful day you must have had ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, it was really nice to sit plopped on the sofa and scroll through your gorgeous photos. Teresa's right, what a wonderful day you had!

    We had a cat, Chester, who knew a frog lived near our front steps. The two would stare at each other for the longest time each morning.

    We're back from our trip . . . trying to get caught up. The Beaches at Normandy were incredible, especially Omaha Beach. I'm in awe of their courage. . . and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely walk. I'm so glad you brought us along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some wonderful treasures. The picture of the bullfrogs reminded me of a song my dad taught me when I was little. Something about froggy went a courtin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve, you sure found some beautiful treasures on this day. Then again, you always do. Love that horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all such beautiful photos Steve. You're right it was a charming afternoon. Flowers and butterflies and birds and that beautiful horse.
    Grethe `)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a good thing you quit fishing and went for a walk. You found someamazing flowers. I like the idea you express that the land has a spirit that lies in the grass, the wind and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful world for those who take the time to look....

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do such a good job of capturing the beauty around you. I so appreciate going on walks with you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly saw a lot on your walk today. I'm so glad you shared it all with us. Marvelous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures. Some things I've been seeing a lot of, and others I wish I was seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great eye for late-summer beauty Steve. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bullfrogs were my favorite photos in this post, Steve, as our blog name suggests but we don't get to see many penguins. Not many monarchs in our wildflowers this season, but a lot of eastrn yellow swallowtails and some fritillaries and painted ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely. We are looking forward to another week in Iowa and the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the horse and frogs! Cool shots All!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!