Sunday, May 26, 2013

Horsing Around

 
 Horsing Around
They are always
So pretty to me.

 
 Blackbird in a field of mustard




Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting
For this moment to arise.
                       




Read more: BEATLES - BLACKBIRD LYRICS
 
This is a Crappie that I caught about 25 of rather nice size.
 
 
My first phlox I photographed. I am sure you will see more, they always catch my eye.
 
 
 
A reptile demonstration for the county conservation at a beautiful park. This is a Blue Racer found on a railroad bridge. Dessa (shown here)said there were 15 coming out from one support pillar.It is considered a Pilot, since it finds good places to live during the cold winters, and many species soon join it.This kicks off a yearly snake count to always see the diversity of species.
 
 
When I travel I am often amused at the tiny towns that are same named as much more famous venues.
 
 
 
A storm brewing out on the plains. In the middle is a small rainbow being reflected from the cloud. 

 
 This is the Elkhorn River start I could jump over. Near me this is a huge river that borders one of my favorite fishing holes, with the Platte River.
 

Horsing around
It is hard to work
And not always play
What a beautiful family
Out on the prairie.


 
The Elkhorn River near me.

15 comments:

  1. One of the things I love most about spring is that it's foaling season. Here, in Amish country, there are pastures full of mares and their new foals, very much like the one in your last photo. That's a great shot, by the way. I love the storm photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horse pics are wonderful! The snake...well ewwwww!!! Really think that blackbird in the mustard field. You just always seem to come up with super pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. Enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your photos. It's like we go for a walk together. The snake is pretty cool. We don't get many up here in the hills. I really enjoyed the photo of the bird it the mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve, I wonder if you are out there fishing somewhere today!!!!!! Hope you have a good Memorial Day.

    Great horsie photos ---and I love your crappie.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've given a nice tour of your area. You've also set it to some nice poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the last photo of the horse family. Such beauties. I can't say I feel the same about snakes. I wish I did. I feel like I shouldn't dislike any creature.. but I do. Love the stormy rainbow also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing horses out in the fields. There are a couple horse farms that I pass regularly and it's always a treat to see them running

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the prairie in bloom. So lovely. Homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugggg...snakes!!Hahaa
    Love all the shots Steve!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Steve. The horses are beautiful and the info on the snake interesting. He is quite a big one. The photo of the prairie and the rainbow is a lovely shot but all your photos are always fun to look at. Thank you!

    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  12. The black bird in the field of mustard is just wonderful! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The black bird in the field of mustard is just wonderful! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great day out on the prairie, Steve, and even managed to catch a fish - catch and release one?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice post, Steve !
    I love horses.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!