Monday, April 22, 2013

The Slide In White

 
I think about Earth Day and know many somewhat break the rules. What we fight becomes more of a problem. You know I’m not a saint, but I try the best I can be. One option I do have is bottled water, but have a few containers and try to use them more. I use instant water; you just have to add water. My town has had a few warnings, but in this time of my life I am sure I have had allowable levels of Atrazine and many farm chemicals that leak into our systems. As a kid we often drank from streams and springs. Lack of green always said water was good. One backpacking trip we used tablets and boil to secure purity, but after two days found a tiny town using septic at the top of our mountain. I hope you have tried to make every day an Earth Day, and hold our planet close to your heart.






There is technique in getting down to slide level as seen in first and fifth pics, but this is a two story pair. I keep wax paper in the van year round, I  have been coming here for a couple decades plus. A lady in white who had never used wax paper to go down a slide fast ever was elated to try five or six times just to enjoy the day.This is central city in the Omaha downtown, I go to a lot of music,plays and dance across the street.Too much fun when my Italian friend says, "You know I'm dressed in white!" I had hardly noticed, it was a day to play.  I gave her big pieces of wax paper and had to catch her each time at the end of the slide while shooting pics with a camera around my neck.






17 comments:

  1. What fun! She is a brave lady and one with a sense of adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend looks as if she's having a wonderful time on that slide. I've watched America's Funniest Videos enough to know that things are tricky on top. Many people wind up going down head first. It must have been hard for you to stay at the bottom to catch and photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That slide sure looks fun.

    I use cloth bags in stores and bring my own water from home (we are fortunate to have decent spring water). I do believe little things can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow---looks like something I would do. However, I'd NEVER be wearing white pants... I'm a jeans person--or shorts....

    Hope she enjoyed it... Looks like the last photo shows her doing it AGAIN.... Yeah!!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember a day when getting down to slide level was much easier...lol That is some slide. Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Man!!! How FUN!! She did great!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sentiments about Earth Day. I, too, am not a saint but try as hard as I can. I'm hoping there's progress in my little world. This year there are a few bees in my little garden. Never use weed or bug sprays! But I have neighbors who could care less. Sad, eh?

    I had no idea waxed paper could lead to such fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wondering where the mastodons are located? Really cool museum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your friend took a few trips on the slide. I think there should be adult playgrounds in every community.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that looks like it was a lot of fun, sliding on waxed paper. I use a stainless steel water bottle at the gymn and we no longer use paper plates for a quick meal. I did my usual weekly recycle trip on Earth Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your POTW. Waxed paper? What an interesting thought. Would that work with plastic?

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is too cute! congrats on your POTW at hilary's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am proud to call that woman my mother! It is nice to see her out and about, trying new things.
    You did a wonderful job in capturing these moments!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!