Friday, February 15, 2013

Cold Dreary Day




 A tree stands tall, full of eagles watching a huge flock of geese. It was a very cold day, but not one to keep me inside.I thought of a distant cafe that sounded good for lunch or dinner and headed out. At Desota National Wildlife Area there is always something to discover. This is a massive area that opens up sections depending on migrations and season. It would be hard to cover in a few hours, so time slips away.I laugh how I am always hungry when go in, and far away from places to procure a good meal.I need to pack a lunch and bring it with me, but I am always in such a hurry to get there so as not to miss out on the beauty all around. As I walk along a trail I find a beaver lodge nestled in a log jam. I see the beauty of wildlife and hope for a glimpse of the sun. The light would add color to my photos, but the bleak offers a medium to enjoy. The wind carries a song, a song of happiness to all who want to listen.


 



 






13 comments:

  1. It Does look chilly there but I know you can really get the great shots...
    Happy weekend!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. It does look cold and dreary out there. I commend you for your persistence and determination to enjoy the outdoors, regardless of the weather. If you don't mind, I'll just stay in and enjoy it through your camera lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid I was walking along the Mighty Missouri and saw 8 bald eagles in a giant cottonwood tree. The image will forever be burned in my brain. Better yet the river was calm and they were reflected in the water. It was heaven. Thanks for bringing back a beautiful memory. You photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you to get out when it's nasty. Sometimes you see more stuff when conditions are bad. A bunch of bald eagles would make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely, eternal....


    Wishing YOU
    a happy weekend, from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos which are setting me cold.
    Have a great week-end, Steve !

    ReplyDelete
  7. it may have been cold and dreary but you got some gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. even cold and dreary days have a certain beauty. love the shot of the geese in the water, 5th and 6th from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So neat to see the eagle pair, Steve. I imagine it was cold at DWR that day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful post Steve. Thank you. Imagine seeing many eagles at the same time. That's a dream for me. A beautiful day. I know what you mean about the food. Make the food pack the night before!!

    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bleak is its own brand of beauty. Liked, a lot, the photo of the mature and immature bald eagle. A very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos for a winter lover like me. I love cold and dreary days!!!! BUT--those birds look cold, don't they?????

    We had one afternoon of FOG in Arkansas... I will post a photo sometime this week.

    Have a great week, Steve.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Glorious! We have a few Eagles here but to see them on a regular basis like you can, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!