Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Love Is In The Air

 On the lake a couple cats find happiness on a cold day.

A flying Lily dog,having fun at the lake.







I loved the ice falling out of it's milkweed pod molds.

An arrival of a new year made me happy to greet and receive greetings from all of my friends. A friend,Bumpy Rhodes, came and made my holiday even more enlightening. I don't have many visitors at the man cave so enjoyed our time going out and shooting many nice photos. Lots of miles were traveled as well as having another good friend joining in on Christmas Day. I was told by blogger I couldn't post photos so I was amazed when I tried tonight and was able to share a few. I have been working too many days so having a few moments with friends was fun.I don't have a lot of family so I  rely on my extended family to keep up with the activities of the holidays.Poor Lily didn't want to go outside last night with all the fireworks and noise to bring in the new year. That prairie is so alive with hidden beauty, but with some Arctic cold has kept many of it's residents under cover.I have some great shots to share and hope to be able to post more photos.I went to a number of small areas yesterday and found some real fun areas to explore when it warms a bit. I hope you all have continued happiness for the new year. My love for all of you is carried on a gentle prairie breeze, perhaps as a chant or song of life.


27 comments:

  1. Those are some lovely sky shots. It's been awfully cold here, but blue skies during the day which helps. Happy New Year to you and sweet Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics to start off the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The angle on that shot of the cats makes them look like panthers. :) Of course, it's always fun to see Flying Lily. The sky pictures are beautiful, and the milkweed ice pod is fascinating. Great set of photos to start off the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! It always looks so beautiful out there. Happy to see you and Lily too, flying Lily and the cute cats. You had a great day taking pictures, always so interesting. The natural beauty of winter on the prairie really comes through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The prairie has awesome skies and you caught some great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you Steve. That's a gorgeous red sunset and I love the milkweed pods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww...What a Sweet post! Happiness to You as well Steve!
    LOVE your photos...especially those of Miss Lily...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always so well-rewarded with awesome images of my home territory. Little Lily is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your Christmas was nice with visits from some friends. Hope your New Year is filled with peace, joy, and many blessings. Your photos are beautiful-the sky always shares something spectacular with us. Great shot of the eagle. Mickie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a happy and healthy New Year to you too, Steve.
    Keep shooting those beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful and happy post. May this year be terrific for you. Thanks for all your wonderful posts of the last year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always nice to have friends drop by for the holidays. Love the pictures and especially the flying Lily. Duke hasn't been staying outside very long the last few days with the temps dropping into the teens at night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Steve. Beautiful prarie skies...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful photos, Steve ! I love flying Lily.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to tou and to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful sky photos. And the bald eagle is a great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So enjoyed this series of photos from your little corner of the world!! I hope 2013 is good to you and you wake each morning with a song in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some wonderful shots, I loved the cats too and sweet Lily, the beautiful clouds and the majestic raptors. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy New Year, Steve.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you and Lily, Steve. Thanks for the holiday greetings too as we so appreciate receiving cards in the mail. It was great to see this post to start a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pictures as always! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy new year..I am going to take the computerization verification off my site tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your photos of the prairie are always beautiful. I especially liked the last one - it would make a gorgeous watercolor! Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So....so....beautiful. I love that beautiful sky. Happy new year and days to you. I appreciate your words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your pictures.... Happy New Year to you.. Hope this year is full of joy and blessings for you.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!