Saturday, September 1, 2012

Simple Existence


Morning light
Colors the prairie
And all of
The land around.


The tiny brown beetles
All over this plant
Were a mystery to me
Enter MO Bugs and an answer please
Toe-winged Beetle
Ptilodactylidae.














The grass always looks greener if you aren't outside for a long time.It was a short time at the spa, hopefully to ease a stressful lifestyle. For four days it was amazing how each and every person offered their special touch to this unique stay. They checked and made sure you had everything and all was done so eloquent with such grace. Special foods prepared kept a body going at an easy pace, a delectable array of what is suppose to be so good for us. He stopped for a pizza to go and bought over a dozen pastries for the weekend to overcome his joy to have more flexibility in diet. Company would be coming and it would be fun to share.The trip left him almost breathless, as he lay back  on the couch and pondered his existence, and if it had changed at all. A fun way to spend being pampered. He paused and took in a slow deep breath, exhaling happiness  across the prairie.

This Blue Heron almost looks like a painting from the reflections coming up from the water.A few friends, Ann and  Nancy play with textures and this is my version with a camera. Nice to be home, my spa treatment started Tuesday in the ICU.My heart was giving me trouble again and I had to go for a jump start and a lot of tests. Those paddles feel like you get hit hard in the chest, I was barely awake.Looking forward to a Lily dog and lots of rest., I plan on returning to work Monday.

19 comments:

  1. Awwww....beautiful, peaceful photos! Sometimes just the simple things can be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well. sorry to hear about your trip to the ICU. lovely pictures. the prairie is yellow in the late summer, punctuated by the purple thistle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's not the best way to get a "spa" treatment, but I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Hopefully, the Lily dog therapy and rest will help return you to full health quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos. You take pictures of weeds, grasses, and plants that were buried in my mind. You conjure memories of hauling feed buckets across bee loud pastures and stopping every five seconds to observe plants and insects dancing as nature intended. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope you feel better after your stay in the hospital. I bet Lily will be over the moon to see you. Take good care of yourself and don't overdo things when you get out, know that's hard to do but listen to 'aunty', your nosy but concerned Brit blogging buddy over here in Virginia. Your photos are gorgeous, perfect lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Thanks for your story about your little feral cat. I enjoyed that very much and gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pleased to see the golden rod surviving this drought. I saw it along our ditch on the highway 141. I was also concerned that the milkweed would be in decline but your shot shows a very health plant. Take care of yourself and get well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toe winged beetle. A wonderful name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know you had been sick. Best wishes to you, Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suppose comparing a stay in the ICU to a spa could at least make it more bearable. I bet spas have better food though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome shots. Is the purple grass sweet grass?

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I find serenity also in your captures of the outdoors.
    Hope things are getting better for you. A spa does sound lovely:) (I guess even better if conditions were different!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Steve, glad to see your photo captures shared here of nature's beauty, bud disheartened to read of your trip to the ICU and the "Sspa" stay. Do hope that you are or will soon be better and take it a bit easier. Life is too short, my friend, and taking it slow is the best way, as you already know. Our thoughts are with you and Lily dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you well during your hospital stay. My A-Fib problem is oing to get the ablation treatment in about six weeks and the Mayo Clinic in Rochester...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best wishes to you Steve. I didn't know you had been sick. Lovely photos and wonderful colours. I love the photo with the blu heron too.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos- hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are feeling better. These photos are so peaceful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful nature photos...Hope you are much better and that you and Lily are enjoying each other's company.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!