Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Morning















A sliver of light wakes me, a cool breeze comes through my window.  A few days of cool make one enjoy that early morning and get out to appreciate the beauty the sun offers this time of year. I go running for that sunrise shot and have worn a jacket on a few mornings. The heat returns today, but fall is just around the corner. The season has been very dry and many fields are turning gold. Over 75% of Nebraska still sits in severe drought. My two Amish Orange tomato plants at my apartment have kept me in shape carrying a bucket of water down to them daily from the second floor.

I went out to a favorite area, a new area compared to many I visit. It is fun to watch the continued growth, and hope to see new varieties become part of this area. I talked to a few people harvesting seeds and hope to help them so I can share some with this area also.It is fun to see this build more through the years. A doe bolted out ahead of me, I almost didn't see her watching all the plants on the ground. She showed me more colors offered by this sunrise and how it kissed the land with its happiness. I followed her down through a draw, but she was clear ahead of me and out of sight before I could even approach her new hiding place. I wondered if she was angry with my disturbing her rest. I moved along , my feet sodden with the morning dew. It had been a few weeks since I had visited so there was lots to see while enjoying my morning. I thanked the day and all of the residents upon my leaving , eager to share my finds with a new friend.

21 comments:

  1. Now your beautiful sky pictures are explained get up early. the prairies are well noted for beautiful skies. Is that sweet grass in one photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you thank the day and the residents you visit in nature. That's such a lovely thing to do. I try to remember to do it myself, but sometimes forget. Thank you for this reminder. Your top photo is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. Loved those beetles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are Bluestem grasses that get 6 ft tall
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve, Great pictures.. The photos don't 'show' the drought there. Love the sky pictures so much... Summer skies can be just awesome...
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures you chose for this post perfectly illustrate the post title. What a wonderful sunrise you witnessed. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A benediction!



    Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the bluestem looks shoulder high.
    Fall will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures as usual Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is Summer there! Love the orange tomatoes! Never had one...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. and a beautiful morning it was. I love the black eyed susans

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cloud photos are phenomenal. And like Teresa (above) I also how you show appreciation for everything around you. You are gracious and we all thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Early mornigns are always my favorite time to explore and enjoy the beauty of nature, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love summer mornings. I get up and go for a walk in my backyard and vegetable garden. I go and see if any beast did not fall in the pool. I look at my roses and others flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hej Steve, what beautiful pictures on an early morning. Maybe I should try that.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure deer don't hold grudges ;-) Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely morning walk, and I love that time of the day. Great pictures and a superb post Steve. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely morning walk you had--beautiful photos. I love that line "the sunrise kissed the morning with its happiness"--sheer poetry. Have a beautiful weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely captures Steve. I hope you are well -- have not been able to visit as much as I would like, but I'm happy I stopped by today.

    Sorry about your blog -- not sure what is going on. Have you contacted Blogger or searched the help forum? Sometimes there are answers there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The best time of the day for a jog or even a walk, lovely photos I like no 4 in particular.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!