Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bye, Bye Blackbird

Blackbird decided to leave and headed south. It would be a gentle move following his favorite selection of insects. As I sat near the lake I had forgotten my friend until I listened for his song. It had blended with a song, a distant chant perhaps that carried the story of happiness found on this beautiful land. It whispered and sometimes shouted to all who listen. Its roar could be heard in passing storms, reminding all of the strength possessed within this spiritual call carried on that prairie wind. This happiness swirled and encapsulated him in its magical charm. He soared off within his thoughts and became a part of this beautiful land. Thoughts and ideas blended into the distant hills and gave the land a hug. He listened again for the Red-winged Blackbird, but never found its song.












17 comments:

  1. I get the sense you spend a lot of time walking outside with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rather poetic and spiritual description. I like it.
    Then as usual there's that great series of photos that show the prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily never fails to make me smile, whether she's flying down a trail or sitting and smiling at the camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have missed your captures! I like your sign...and I have missed seeing that sweet puppy face:)
    I bet he could find the red-winged birds' song by my pace....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Foot Trail/bird picture, and of course the ones with your fur baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shots Steve...Especially Miss Lily.
    Happy weekend!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily is a poser. Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily is a poser! Love the shots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ut Oh. I think I did that twice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Steve, Hope your weather is better this weekend. We had very very hot and dry weather in Arkansas--but came home to find some wonderful fall-like days here. SO--I hope you are getting a touch of fall there also.

    Love your photos especially that old tree. I'm always fascinated with leaf-less trees---still standing and looking so strong....

    Hope you have had a good week.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. you always manage to find the nicest views. It's nice to see the sweet Lily today. Did she go along to all those yard sales with you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lily is quite the charmer and readily poses for her "Kodak" moment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that Lily is a sweetie. :) I'm still hearing the red-winged blackbirds around here.. some are still singing their mating call. Either they're a bit dim, looking to have another family or more likely it's some of the juvenile males coming of age. Or not. :)

    Lovely, fanciful thoughts, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the touch of red on the blackbird's wings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great on the back of a horse, I think the last time I did that I was about 23. Love horses though. Great post Steve, Lily is a sweetie. Always makes me want to get another dog one day when I see pictures of her. One day!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!