Friday, July 27, 2012

Friends

 There is such a difference going from a yard  into the prairie.One does wonder how long some of the blooms we cultivate have been around. I visited one garden that had plants brought back by Columbus when he explored for Spain.The varieties constantly change out on the prairie, it is like the return of many friends.I laugh when I see one bloom and know the progression to follow sometimes, and even more charmed to see them a little off schedule as in this year. I think of areas I want to visit with the varieties being offered. Each prairie area has it's own selection and is never the same. One friend has over 300 varieties he has developed over the years from former farmland of his.That constant change brings me out on the prairie, again and again. I want to see it all. Hello to all my old friends and those who are new.



Oh little lightening bug
Are you asleep or still at play
I won't bother you anymore
I'm hoping you have a nice day
It was such a grand day for me
Enjoying all of my friends
Happiness shared again and again
Out on the prairie.









I have really enjoyed hearing from all of you also!

10 comments:

  1. The nature gives us a lot of different and pretty flowers.
    Have a nice week-end, Steve !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is a beauty, as is the next-to-the-last one. That little piece of floating fuzz adds a touch of whimsy to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A burst of yellow always brings a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. summer yellows. lovely. I saw lightning bugs in the back yard last night. behind us is a 13 acre field.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right each week the changes can be profound. And then year to year. Last year many of my favorite trails were bursting with butterfly weed. This year only a few... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then some of the blooms don't last very long so we have to be there when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happiness shared again and again
    Out on the prairie.

    A fitting end to that lovely prose and I enjoyed visiting with you and your friends today. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was nice to meet your nature friends, Steve.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!