Sunday, July 8, 2012

Flower Power


 Purple coneflower

Balloon Flower

Coleus

 A hazy Missouri River

 I really like Cannas, I don't think you can ever have too many








 Ironweed

 Gray-headed Coneflower

What would you name an Emu? It is such a labored task I would agree. Perhaps a name from it's country. Perhaps you would name it after me.I gazed across the feedlot, and a few names came to me. Perhaps this one is for dinner, or just a funny friend you see. I see an assortment of critters as I explore out on the prairie.


As I walk through my garden I am greeted by new friends returning to please me. I see a few new blooms and feel so happy to enjoy their vibrant colors.A neighbor named Dixie came by and took a tour, she had to know what was new. I took her around and showed her everything old and new. My tomatoes are getting big, a Orange Amish is what I put in.I am ready for a bacon,lettuce and tomato sandwich. Today I grabbed some delicious sweet corn from a stand raising money for a local food bank to process donated deer meat for the less fortunate. I ate three ears for lunch and it was some of the best I have tasted.

23 comments:

  1. Steve-that wood bench is amazing. Where is it? In a private garden? If so, where did they buy it? And are there more for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the flowers but I think the coneflowers are my favorite. Liked your little poem about the emu. made me giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A grand mixture of wild flowers, domestic flowers and animals. I really like the boat and forest in the reflection on the river.
    Super post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty, Steve. That closeup of the Cannas is especially nice. The photo after that one is interesting, too. Such a unique blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your pics, but the one with the boat in the pond is my favorite this time. Something about it...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondeful post, Steve. What should we be in a world without flowers.
    When I Was little girl night butterflies scared me. Even now I did not like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those tomatoes sound so good! We've been having some darn good sweet corn as well. Aw, sweet summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A name of an Emu, eh? That's a tough one. That corn sounds so delicious! Loved your pictures. I always feel like I've had a good walk after strolling through them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, we love sweet corn!

    I like the pic of the Missouri river!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elmo the Emu....?Hahaaaa
    Lovely shots Steve!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steve, I'm "on vacation" for the next two weeks and wonder if you would like to meet up at Desoto sometime? Let me know xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Steve, we enjoyed that bacon, lettuce and tomato sandich for you today - lots of mayo too on oat-nut bread. Our cannas are only in red, so I enjoyed the yellow ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have a lot of beauty around you. And your emu poem cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Steve, I think I called you a goddess somewhere in my comment section! That's not a bad thing, but now I know better!

    Beautiful flowers. We can't grow these where we live: too many trees.

    Xena the Emu. The Warrior Princess. See, there I go again. Is your emu a femu? Or a male?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the photo of the small boat on the lake. Reminds me of the Midwest lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I get so focused on wildflowers that I sometimes forget the beauty of garden flowers. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely shots. The boat on the lake looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great bunch of wildflowers. love the coneflowers.

    thanks for stopping by my POTW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those flowers would make anyone smile just to look at them. How would I name an emu? That's certainly a hard one. Maybe there are some Maori words out there that might fit. Another lovely post Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My garden also has many perennials coming back. I always enjoy seeing the old friends. I like that Canna, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh the flowers are just gorgeous!! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!