Monday, July 30, 2012

Charming

 I would like some more soup please

I really wanted the bigger pool

I am headed out for a few days with my grandchildren. I tend to let them do almost anything they want and offer a bit more. They melt my heart and offer me glimpses of their mothers childhood, it is sad they don't stay small forever.We go out on the prairie and look for treasures, and always a  detailed explanation of all the facts around.When we are bored, we head out shopping. Many of you know I have a passion to shop, when the goings get tough, the tough go shopping. We always find other things to do, my grandson finds extreme pleasure just riding in my car with me. I have a box of goodies to share , books and toys I find at garage sales. Sitting down for a good read is something they were introduced to young, just as I did with my own children. I laugh when I think back how I would buy their mother six pairs of shoes at a time, just so she could play with me in the garden and outdoors.I never cared how dirty she got, and sometimes was given a stern word for allowing it. It helped shape her abilities to enjoy everything I do, as she does still today.



 A tiny Dickcissel sings out his heart perched on a small tree out on the prairie. It is a lovely tune and I often stop to listen to  this charming little bird's song, a song of happiness carried on a gentle prairie breeze. It is a melody of life and love, a gentle song that always makes me feel at home no matter where I am. I often share this by taking time and asking for health and happiness for all those that I know and have met.





If I miss commenting it is not that I am ignoring you, I will be a bit busy and still try to get a chance to read all you have to share.I have had a few new people join and welcome all to enjoy what I share. If I haven't joined your blog, sometimes it is because you have many and I am not sure which to enjoy. It is always nice to invite me to one you feel I will like best.

16 comments:

  1. Awwww!! The GranBabies are Adorable Steve! I know you have lots of fun with them!
    Love the photos!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very lucky as my grandchildren lived next door to me. When they were little we would garden together and take walks around the neighborhood. Now I live out in the country but they come visit often. Love the feathers and the feathery grasses and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so blessed to have you as their grandfather. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great time with those adorable grandchildren. How can you not? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah---grandchildren are just so special... You (and they) will have a great time. They do grow up much too fast....

    Have fun---and spoil them rotten.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hear the joy in your post. What fun to take the little ones out. Have fun spending time with them. Shop till you drop....lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great mix all charming...grandchildren, birds and flowers. Don't worry about comments . Enjoy the grand childen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking my grandchildren for a nature walk is one of the greatest joys of my life. Yours are real cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so cute. Enjoy your visit. I bet they'll be excited over your garage sale treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve, as we have just spent time that always seems ever too short, I know how you feel about seeing your grandchildren and doing all those fun things! Enjoy yourselves and make those memories as you have made with your daughter. Enjoyed your Friends post from yesterday. Like you I too enjoy all my blogging friends even if it's not possible to always comment. Thanks, Steve, for visiting our little blog spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy a visit to the prairie. Your grandchildren are just grand! I, too, enjoy being reminded of my children when they were small, and take just as much pleasure now as then in the antics of little folk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grandchildren are the best. I have four now...
    Incidently there has been a major invasion of dickcissle here in southern Minnesota this summer and no one seems to have an explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh enjoy every minute of your adorable grandkidlets, Steve. They're just wonderful. That soup face photo made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Times with grandkids are always great.
    Mine went to home on last week, a very hot day, to play in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are lucky to have such terrific grandchildren. The photos of the feathers are really nice. They seem symbolic in many ways. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!