Thursday, June 28, 2012

When You Are Hot

 NCAA College World Series


 These kids were a bit rowdy to catch their picture. What a unique experience to be part of. Now the Olympic Swim trials are going on also, with six swim tickets already given to future medal winners.

 For me I headed to the Emerald City, the heat is unbearable and I was invited to play with friends.


A hollyhock in the middle of nowhere, out on the prairie.






Near record highs are keeping all the flowers growing out on the prairie. It is best to get out early when this happens, I have found some great lakes to enjoy in the Salt Valley in Nebraska.I need a boat I say each year, but my kayaks work well for most of what I need. They are a bit awkward for fishing, but it can be done. I have the weekend off and hope someone asks me to go out on a photo shoot, I need to unwind after already working my forty hours this week and have two more days to go.Yesterday I met a parent of one of my clients and the praise given makes me happy to be working with these "gentle people". We all need to extend our lives to make this world a better place to live. Happiness is shared,out on the prairie, carried on a gentle prairie breeze.

14 comments:

  1. Love the bench with the beach towels pic. That is a fun picture. It's hot in KC too. If you don't get out in the am, you can forget it. It was 103 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding treasures in the middle of nowhere. And I agree- we DO need to extend ourselves!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hot here, too. Supposed to hit about 103 degrees today. I enjoyed all of these pictures, but my favorite is the bench by the lake, with the towels draped over it. It just fits the season and the title of your post so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise well deserved I'm sure. So nice to be appreciated. Great photos Steve and I hope you are able to get out this weekend for your photo shoot. It's awfully hot right now so I hope you stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steve, You are working in a beautiful area---despite the heat.. We have that heat here now ---and it's between 95-98 degrees depending upon which thermometer you believe.. That is extremely hot for us since we are 2000 feet up on the Cumberland Plateau... AND--we are extremely DRY--which doesn't help things. This is the first time since I've been feeding the birds that the suet is melting..... Now--that is HOT.

    Hope you can get out in your Kayak some on these hot days. Whatever you do, be safe and COOL.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you run in to the great OZ when you went to the Emerald city?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice serie, Steve.
    Yesterday and the day before yesterday it was very hot and heavy.
    And when I am hot, I go a few stairs down in our pool. This morning the sky is grey and the air fresh a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post Steve, a real amalgam of difference, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know - I've never been kayaking. I'd like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been unbearably hot here -- today's rain is a welcome surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been pretty hot here, too. That water sure looks inviting. Lovely images as always, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful post of yours. I totally agree with you, that we all need to extend our lives to make this world a better place to live...
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics as well. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish it were hot here. Today, where I live just north of Seattle, it's 61 degrees and drizzling. Hard to recognize summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Steve (again), Since I don't have your email address, I'll leave you a message here... That is AWESOME news about your photo being chosen for one of the B&B books. Let me know if that happens.... CONGRATS.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!