Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'll Have To Think About It


Taking a walk in the woods
With Lily
Such a tiny dog
Dog gone kind of silly.

Turkey Vultures catching height to go roost.

 Swamp Milkweed

Prairie Rose

I met a Rose today
But totally missed hearing her name
But glad to get to meet her.



 A favorite today, even though it is a thistle.

 I noticed the turkeys crossing on the tracks after getting home.

This reminded me of an older brother who had a roommate who only knew one song well on guitar, Froggie Goin A Courtin'.

Uh Huh, we sang it a lot


Loess Hills across the lake.



I caught all the good fish
Maybe all on that lake
Fishing today was more my game
Out on the prairie until late.

Monster Largemouth Bass, my best catch of the day going through 50 worms.

12 comments:

  1. You've had a wonderful day and shared it very well with us.
    We have Turkey Vultures here but I've never seen one. To see a sky full of them is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day, Steve. I felt like I took that walk right along with you. Lots to see.. and catch.. and hopefully to cook and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lily sure is a cutie! More great pics... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Steve... You did GREAT at fishing, didn't you? That bass will be some 'good eatin'....

    Lily is a tiny one.... Can she keep up with long-legged Daddy????? OR--does Dad have to carry her some of the time????? ha

    Great photos... Love the sky pictures especially.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, you look a bit silly with Lily. It surprises me that she has to be on a leash out there. Beautiful photos as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have those thistles and they are the bane of my husband's existence. All summer he talks about how much he hates those thistles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very enjoyable looking through the pictures. Now I fancy a spot of fishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice set of photos. It's amazing how something as annoying as a thistle can be so beautiful. The two butterflies on the orange flowers were a treat, and the prairie rose is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos Steve...love Lily!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and Lily had a nice walk. I really like that thistle and I remember singing that song with my dad when I was a kid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steve, bet that fresh fish was delicious, especially if cooked over an open fire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the butterflies and thistle. Did you cook up those fish for supper?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!