Monday, June 11, 2012

Around Home



 Little dogs get a summer trim.

This was my favorite in a field of six. I love the colors they get  with these POA's 

I planted some snapdragons last year and called them Beth, a tribute to a coworker who took a bad spile on her motorcycle, and was hurt fairly bad. They had been a leftover never planted from the year before, both Beth's being a bit scragggly. I gave hope for the two of them, my friend having just left a special treatment facility for head injuries, and the flower leaving my living room after a year of TLC. This year Beth blooms radiant, and my friend hopefully grows a bit each day.


Kanesville Tabernacle


I always love statues of Mary.


In one of the loveliest yards I have seen. I wasn't sure if I would like the fence, but thought it did well showing off these tiny blossoms.

16 comments:

  1. Lily looks so cute in her summer "do." I was surprised to learn that the Appaloosa was a pony. It looked horse size in the picture. Whatever, though, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers Steve! Sending prayer for your friend!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures as usual. sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she recovers and stays off motorcycles from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hardly recognize Lily -- lovely photos, especially the round barn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures, Steve. I'm sure that your baby will feel good with a new haircut during the hot summer.

    Sorry about your friend, Beth. Hope she continues to improve.

    Great set of pictures...
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your friend, hopefully she does as well as the flower.
    Love those flowers in the last picture. Good to see the lovely Lily again

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did it with great shots of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Steve, it is such a lovely thought to give the flower the name of your friend. I hope she will be well and sound again.
    Is this your little dog? It looks very bright and attentive.
    The horse is very pretty - and I love the flowers. A fantastic blue colour.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much in one post. I love the idea of calling a flower Beth like your friend and feel sure that this must have aided her recovery which hopefully progresses well from now on. Lovely blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love to see your little prairie dog Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beths Blooms....beautiful.
    I have missed your words and captures...thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is the barn at the top a french barn. I've seen a few of those in Wisconsin - the many sides. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love POAs. You don't see them much around here. I once bought two for our college riding association - they made the best horses - anyone could ride them. Everyone called them the lowriders since they were so short.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Steve, you and Lily both look cool, especially her with the new "do". Hope both Beths continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super photos and I especially loved the one of you and Lily in her summer cut.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!