Friday, February 24, 2012

The Brenda Photo Challenge- Favorite Things







Those best things in life certainly can come in small packages. When my kids suggested getting a pet I hoped it wasn't one they wanted to give me as has happened in the past. I raised Boxers for years and took them to shows, so had that doggie love in my blood, but had been without a dog for a few years. I saw an ad for Lily and had the kennel send me a picture. I called back and said I would be there in an hour. It was love at first sight. I have her for the only love in my life outside of my two girls and two grandchildren. We have walked miles together and spent three years together in a variety of places.She is a mix of Yorkie and Maltese so very small, which is a plus especially cleaning up after her. LOL  Liking to travel I wasn't sure I wanted this responsibility, but now have a hard time imagining life without her.

To see more for this exciting challenge go to-  http://phototipsbyadummy.blogspot.com 
This was one of my earliest blog challenges so it is fun to continue sharing with a similar group and of course the lovely  Brenda. Join in on the fun, it is interesting how each of us have interpreted the theme.

27 comments:

  1. If it was Lily who was participating in this particular Brenda Photo Challenge about "My Favorite Things," I think we'd be seeing lots of pictures of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun, and a cutie, too!!! How're you doing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful dog. I can see she is a great companion. She should have a lot of energy and be glad to go anywhere you would like to go. I really like her face. A yorkie mix that is black is unusual and great looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, and it's a sure thing that the feelings are mutual. Lily looks like a loveable and loyal companion which goes to show that good things can definitely come in small sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photos of Lily! Scratch her behind the ears for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's adorable and I can see why she's your favorite. :-) Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily is wonderful! Her eyes are full of life. She also has a certain tilt to her head. I bet she is a joy to be with. That is how I feel about our little Ella, she is always happy. I wish you many more happy travels together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how special Lily is to you, Steve. Dogs (and cats) are so special. I had Duchess (cocker) for about 15 years before she died... She was my life!!!! I still miss her.

    Have a great weekend.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I had to have my chocolate lab put down I lasted about 2 weeks before I started looking for another dog. Love at first sight was exactly how I felt about Duke.
    Love the pictures of the beautiful Lily
    I haven't done the Brenda photo challenge in ages, I should get back in to it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww...Somehow I just Knew it would be Lily! She's adorable!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable face! I would love her immensely too! I especially liked the pose in the 2nd photo, but the expression on her wet doggy face in the 4th photo made me laugh. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...what a sweet favorite thing! She's a little cutie! I should have used my cats because they are all my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a special favorite!
    Sooo cute!
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what could be any better? love that favorite baby !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your photos! What a darling little Lily is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's one lucky girl to have you for a friend, Steve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww he's so cute and I love the last shot. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not a doggy person; but I just love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lily is beautiful and it seems she likes to pose for you. She's a lucky dog for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh she's so cute when she's swimming! What a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lily is so beautiful. I am so glad you found each other. Have a great week ahead...Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got my dog in a similar way. I was in a hurry to get a dog because I knew I was going to be all alone here, and I was lucky enough to get exactly the kind of dog I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is such a sweetie. They sure do worm their way into our hearts, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lily is adorable, what beautiful shots of her! It really captures her. She reminds me of my aunts' dog - Black Jack (BJ) which is the same breed - Maltese and Yorkie, with white patches.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!