Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Life as it is

 How does one tell a sophisticated lady she has flour more than on her nose?










You can see where I work off on the hill. It is a huge campus, easy to get lost still.




Think of when you found your first dandelion in the spring, and they were around here in November.

It was a crime of passion. Making noodles with the Methodist’s all morning was a real pleasure. We covered all the tables in their Fellowship hall with the newly cut gems. A time honored tradition, I stepped into an assembly line realm covered for decades to provide for their bazaar this next weekend. They sell chicken and noodles by the quart. It was hard to tell the leader of the pack she had a bit of flour on her face so I implied it was just on the tip of her nose.

I am starting to find many treasures around where I am. I have climbed that highest mountain, well at least the tallest Loess ridge, a feat in itself. Shopping has also taken its toll; I am still keeping my other home so getting all new. This going to work each day hasn’t been a priority for over two and a half years, so I am trying to get use to that regime again. It was hard to leave an area I had played hard on, but this area has some of the older prairie remnants for the state. It has been hard getting around to some areas, the Missouri River flooded real bad around me. Many small bridges are still out, and ther often is only one way to get into many towns.

18 comments:

  1. Well that's one way of getting to know your community. I'd have been tempted to get a towel and wipe her face. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, ma'am, but there's a bit of flour on your nose."

    That barn is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to get as adventurous as you are. I'm still trying to figure out what's down the road, and even what's in my own backyard. It's been a difficult transition for me going from city life to country life. Reading about your change in much the same area is inspiring me to get out there a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks as if you're finding beauty and friends in your new setting. I love the sign on the red barrel. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting together to make noodles seems like a wonderful way to make new friends, and you have new trails to explore. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That could be a new song: "Making Noodles with the Methodists".... ha ha.... Since I was in the Methodist Church most of my life, I remember all of those times people got together to make things and just have some good fellowship.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Steve. I hope you're settling in to your new area. Moves are so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you explained. I was wondering what was going on with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wondering how things are in your world Steve....and it looks as you are still able to find beauty in everything around you. The leaf sitting on the berry branch is perfectly perfect.
    And I am glad to hear you like to cook. I'm looking for a chef...I clean instead:))
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be Careful with all that flooding! And I had to laugh at the "flour on the nose" photo...She Really gets into her work!!Hahaaa
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to shake things up a bit now and then, do things differently. Love the cottonwood leaf on the juniper (?).

    ReplyDelete
  12. One does not tell the lady.

    I am sure they loved having you in the Noodle Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love homemade noodles, wish I lived closer so that I could enjoy them!

    The photos and your words give me a better picture of your community. What a wonderful and seemingly friendly place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it sounds like you are settling in quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing the prairie through your eyes. That cluster of three photos in the middle, of the dried flower heads and the leaf in the berries, are particularly good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It takes time to get to know your new surroundings. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm happy to see that you are fitting in with the locals and seeing the landscapes. They are nice but will look nicer when some snow gets on them. We are supposed to get snow overnight. I'm ready to see everything covered in fresh white snow. I'll be able to see the animals better. Those ladies sure work hard. Even making their own noodles...Yikes! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My fave is the heart shaped leaf in the blue pine berrie.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!