Sunday, November 20, 2011

A day to remember




 Sunrise pours over the hillsides
As far as the eye can see
A new day begins again
For you, nature and me.






 A relic found in the woods, part of a coke bottle.



It shouldn't ever take a lot in our lives to be happy. Watching young children at play today made me remember the last words my mother would say when going into someones house. "Don't show off, and be in your best behavior",she would say. Why did  she have to remind us we thought? At times we had the best of fun showing our abilities in a variety of areas, such as wrestling, running, jumping and generally having fun. Three boys cut in front of me to get some soup. Their mother apologized and I said I was enjoying their antics. Being the middle of three boys I saw a vision of my childhood.

My grandson only needs to see me, he enjoys all he knows about his Papa. Everything in my life is remarkable to him, and we try to always do something different each time together. Learning numbers we recited them in a variety of languages and order. His mother had started him with French and I expanded to Spanish. As we walked down the sidewalk we shared song and numbers with each other. We walked past a drive reciting in Spanish and a Latino man sat on a stool polishing his car. I gave him a nod and he beamed a broad smile. A shared moment of happiness swept over the neighborhood and we continued on our talk, walk and enjoyable day, happiness found so simple.

19 comments:

  1. You always get such good deer shots. Where is the grass that green by the lake & tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we see our neighbor as part of us and not separate from us, we are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are well!!! Great shots! Well, all my 1200 bulbs are in the ground next is to sprinkle the wildflower seeds I bought. They are in the fridge staying cool. Our weather has been to warm to plant them.

    If I don't talk to you "Happy Thanksgiving"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Steve. That buck is beautiful with his perfect rack. And you're so right about happiness being found in simple things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pics. Especially the deer. The sunrise photos are so pretty. I see you found a little bridge. Ratty will like that.. Have a nice week and an enjoyable Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet! No matter how many deer I've seen in my life, I still get so excited when I spot them. I saw some in a large yard of a house only a half mile away from me earlier in the month. Such peaceful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful captures, Steve.
    I had the pleasure to see several deers and a lot of elkes and biisons, a fex mooses and only one bear in America.
    Over there, I love the landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't take much does it?!!
    Love the photos!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a lot to be thankful for and I am thankful I got to read this post and see your photos today. A real heart warmer.

    Happy Thanksgiving Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice story. "Be on your best behavior."

    ReplyDelete
  11. that does sound like a day to remember. Perfectly perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post today, Steve. It is so much nicer to embrace the good in life -- and it does take so little to be happy, really. Lovely photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those photos, Steve. I also love the story about you and your grandson. It's such a warm and sweet description of the relation between you.
    Grethe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Steve. So true about how easily and effectively a shared smile will spread joy. Thanks for being that person who shares one so readily.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice relaxing story. I also like the pictures of the deer. I haven't been going out at the right times to get my own pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love hiking and are fortunate to live within an hour of the Appalachian Trail, and even closer to other trail systems. Looks like you had a really gorgeous day for getting out!

    Thanks for letting me know about the GFC thing. I'm following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really enjoy your posts. Your photos look somewhat like where I grew up. I also enjoyed hearing about your grandson and teaching other languages. Our world is getting smaller by the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There's nothing like grandchildren. love the story and beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!