Tuesday, October 25, 2011

At The Beach

A fat cat absorbs all the sun
Clouds  move in slowly
But we won't let them stop the fun
Headed out to the beach.


 Wild turkeys

 Whitetail Deer hiding in the woods





 "That Old Rugged Cross" was written about 20 miles from here

 Wooly Bear




This looks like a good pile to cook over





                                  
As the wind picked up a clopping sound came around the bend. Four huge deer had been startled from their sleep by a group riding bikes. They raced right past me, frantically trying to get a shot, but they were too fast. I got a few off but none that showed these magnificent creatures. Any time being close to them is always a treat and I thank them for a good portrait should they hold still. It has been a nice day out on the lake, a few sprinkles didn't stop the day. I always have a few rain suits with me anyway, but find many people timid to stay out in a storm.I sit watching the waves building and wish I was at the ocean, sizing up the surf for that next ride. A dream bursts and I head toward the nearest town hoping to find some kolaches at a bakery, but was too late. Heading home a call comes and a timid voice says, "Hello Papa, we are at your house." my oldest daughter has brought a couple grand kids to share for a few days and give her some relief from being a mom. My poor pets will all hide for this few days, but all will return to normal,  maybe.Two in diapers will make me a bit tired, I do enjoy having them around.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and words. Enjoy the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like Lily was helping you build that fire :)
    Enjoy the grandkids and the diaper changing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. THESE PHOTOS ARE AMAZING! Honestly, I sighed as my body relaxed and unwound as if I were there! I LOVE the outdoors! :D

    Yeah for grandkids! (And grandfathers/Papa's, too! ;) I called my grandpa "Papa" too. I miss him...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wind must have really picked up while you were there, judging by the waves in the last photo. Looks like Lily was having fun, sprinkles or no sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures Steve. The ocean looks cold. Do you think that Wooly bear is predicting a bad winter?? Nice shots of the deer. I finally saw the Doe with her two kids yesterday. I love watching them. I know how grandkids can tire us out. It's always nice to have them visit though and when they go you can relax again, along with your animals..Ha! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Two in diapers will make me a bit tired, I do enjoy having them around."


    Ha! The deer around here have chaned from brown to gray. Hiding in the brush, except when they are walking down the middle of my street.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely post. Love the cat. And the dog. And the deer. Everything. And the story. I wonder what those green bubbles are.
    Grethe ´)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are most certainly a wonderful grandfather, Steve. I love that picture of the chestnut pods... such a vibrant green. I was in the yarn store yesterday and saw a tweed just that color. Oh the temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super grandpa you are! I know for sure that two in diapers sometimes takes super human efforts to keep up with. Have a grand week my friend. I enjoyed your photo tour once again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I know you are going to be exhausted if you aren't already but gosh, what great times together...
    I love the photos but the first absolutely caputured my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures of the deer, and the dog having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely surprise. Have a great time with your daughter and grandchildren. Your photos are super. I like to be out in the rain too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo of Lily bringing you some kindling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this serie, Steve.
    I have three grand sons. Me too I do enjoy having them at home, event if I am tired a little bit after. We are waiting for a fourth grand kid on beginning of December.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still trying to catch up on my blog reading and find that your posts are just as lovely as ever. Always a joy to arrive at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol - just a precious few years ago - I had 3 under the age of 5 - BOYS! they are fun -
    love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Lily and her stick shot! They ALL are great!
    You have fun with those Granbabies Steve! Rest when you can...I know your daughter appreciates you!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos, it's true sometime bad weather is the best time to enjoy. Hope you had fun with the grandkids

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!