Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coldwater



The sweet scent of milkweed blooms fills the air.






 Lead Plant



 Purple Prairie Clover



 Butterfly Milkweed


Astilbe


 Large Lace-bordered Moth




Living on the road can be interesting with all the crazy weather we have had. I stopped at a friends cabin to get away from my tent for a few days. We sat down for breakfast when I arrived and when I finished he told me not to worry about the dishes, he would clean them with coldwater. Now I wondered about this a bit, but some of us enjoy the simple life  and don't have all the luxuries many find difficult to live without. We went out and fished all day coming home around dinner.

When I had cooked up the trout we caught I noticed a bit of egg still on the plate I had used from breakfast. I din't know what to say, but then noticed some egg on his plate also. When we finished I said I would heat some water to do dishes and he again said not to worry coldwater would do them fine. I mentioned the egg still from breakfast and he said that happens, but he would fix it. Sitting down the plate on the floor he whistled and in came his large dog. "Coldwater, you do a better job on these or I will have to get another dog,"he replied.

19 comments:

  1. That gave me a well needed chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFLOL!! Omgosh I would've freaked out! A friend of ours used to let his dog 'clean' the dishes when his wife wasn't around. Until I found out about it. :)

    Such gorgeous photos again -- the butterfly or moth with the eyes on his wings = WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That joke is the first thing I thought of when I read your post title. :) Makes me laugh every time I read it.
    Gorgeous photos again today too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute story, Steve. You amaze me with your butterfly and moth images. They're just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee! Love that joke, Steve. I think I've heard it before, but you tell it better.

    Beautiful milkweed photos. Mine haven't bloomed yet and they are everywhere this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the bounty!



    Aloha from Honolulu :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful butterflies, Steve. I do not see many neither in the gardin not in the backyard.
    I had a good chance last year to take one very very beautiful. just one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the milkweed is Beautiful!! They're All so pretty! Lots of butterflies!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those Butterflies. Neat flowers also. I started reading your little story and then realized what was coming. I heard that somewhere in the past..Ha! Cute one though. I laughed again.
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh, I did not see the ending to your story coming. Did you keep your food down?

    your photos are lovely , a sweet glimpse into the season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures remind me to be on the lookout for milkweed. The story is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, so what is the yellow flower in the middle?? i have BUNCH in my yard but i have no idea what it is called!

    Thanks and i loved the pics
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. Feels like summer! Love the doggie dishwasher story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! Great story!! Gross...but can't help but laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shots!

    Thanks for the chuckle ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ack! What a story! Made me smile--I really didn't see that one coming.
    The wildflower pix (would some say weeds?) are lovely but my favourites are those with the butterflies (and moth). And bee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All very good photos but I love the white moth on the green leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!