Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Gentle Breeze Trickled Through Her Hair





This cat has been showing up, with interests to eat some of the community of sparrows who stay in my spruce tree. I am not sure where it comes from, and when I shoo it away, it just wants pet.







A gentle breeze trickled through her hair. It went everywhere, on this beautiful prairie carrying serenity and peace. It waved through the beautiful grasses, flowers and trees, sharing it's happiness and offering all it flowed by love and compassion. She shared with all the true meaning of life with grace in a very delicate way, a song of life that had went on for centuries. From the tiny grasshopper to a soaring eagle, all heard this wonderful song.

Her friend Fire joined her and traced a path along a stream, and suddenly spread all over the hillside. A tiny spark had started this cleansing, and she carried on her mission of herding it along. The fire burned for many days covering thousands of acres. It was a great wall traveling for many days across the prairie, separating the old from the new. Just as fast as it reached its peak, it began to slow with small rain showers and less wind. The rain increased and quelled her path, with a gentle touch. The prairie quickly greened, rising from amongst the ashes with a new life to look forward to.

The greening brought back the grazers, massive clouds of bison finding their wonderful sweet grass. The fire had gotten rid of the stubble in the grass that often tickled their nose, making it hard to eat so low. Behind these herds were the People, making use of all they harvested. This land fed a number of populaces, fending for itself to stay healthy. Flowers covered in mighty oceans and seas, sweeping out into eternal peace. The rising grasses creating massive waves soaring and spreading over this marvelous land following this explosion of beauty. Her elegance was carried on a gentle prairie breeze.
.
..
...
He found many ways to talk to her
Mostly in a pleasant way
But when she let him visit
He felt this was the place to stay
Close to her heart and soul.








28 comments:

  1. Wow! I guess you DO have some snow, don't you? Loved the pictures, especially the cardinals. They are such beautiful birds and have such a wonderful sound when they sing. Stay warm and enjoy a piece of chocolate cake with that cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close to the heart and soul of the land is where I want to be too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all these pretty birds and the nature that surrounds you out there. You make the prairie come to life not only in your photographs but also your words. A wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully composed post. Love your photos of the geese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get some amazing pics of geese...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird pictures, and that's a very pretty cat even if it is there for a little sparrow snack. :) thanks for the advice about the lenses and you were right, my camera is a sony alpha, good memory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are awesome! I especially love the ones of the geese. Some of the photos made me shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures as usual but I especially loved how you changed the font color to match your story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, I have been seeing a male and female cardinal pair at my feeders as well when the unwelcome visitors are not around. The other day we saw a flock of snow geese, but of course I didn't have a camera with me (drat!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful post - the pics are all great, but my favorites are the ones with the geese. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Steve, Love seeing the birds in flight pictures... AMAZING... That cat must belong to someone since it wants to be petted... Obviously, it is not a feral cat...

    Love your Cardinal pictures... They are so pretty -especially in winter.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could almost hear the Canada geese honking as they fly overheard. Excellent images and that cat sure is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She could be Mother Nature ... or she could be me, wishing for that breeze in my hair.

    We are thinking of buying a house, Steve, and the thing that draws me to the land we're looking at (albeit a small lot) is that there is much wind. Ah... perhaps I'll have my own breeze soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. STUNNING PHOTOS of your world in the prairie...!!

    I certainly do adore the little birds; how close they come to you.......hopefully the magnificient kitty would find another meal...!!!

    Are these wild geeses in this acrobaticly beautiful flight....???? FANTASTIC!!!!!

    Your beautiful writing is very inspiring and I may learn and improve my english; as it isn't perfect at all! Thank YOU!!!!

    ciao ciao elvira

    ReplyDelete
  15. Steve,
    lovely post...I love the pictures of the geese with their wings spread wide as if welcoming that gentle breeze.
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What does Lily think of the kitty (which is gorgeous, by the way)?

    I see you spotted a couple of cardinals too, Steve. They are so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cat looks quite "sneaky".....I don't mean to sound mean....but I hope it misses every bird it tries to "capture";))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful photos, Steven ! The cardinal is a beautiful bird and I like the colors of the female. Beautiful flight of geese.
    Interesting wrtting once more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful. That cat is perfectly camouflaged.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look At Those Geese!! And the Kitty!! I Love these Steve!!
    Great Photos!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the post and color changes and the photos. that cat has such unusual markings hopefully he isn't a good hunter .

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the first photo of the geese, though all of them are great. Beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I've never seen yours before and it's beautiful, with all your nature pictures and prose to go along with them!! Just beautiful!! Loved all the Geese photos. I understand about the cat. I have cats here also that always hunt the little critters and birds. I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love Canada geese. When I first returned to Minnesota, a pair flew by my window every evening. Nice photos and a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of snow and some to come our way this weekend perhaps. I liked the contrasts with the cats color, but wish if it has an owner to keep it closer to home.My cats and dog raise a ruckus when strays come through the yard.I see a lot of strays, there are more in this state than people. I give a lot of care to my pets and know it would hurt to have one wander off.The geese are thick around me.When my oldest daughter was born, we hiked a few miles to photograph a pair that had settled on a favorite pond, since they were so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohh! Liking those flight shots with the snow ..pretty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  27. BEAUTIFUL photos. Just lovely! You live in a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Steve - I love the way you pay attention to the world around you - to texture, colour, temperature, movement, sound. . . what a beautiful place you live in; harsh and delicate at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!