Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Today Brings A New Tomorrow















Her sister living with the family made one of the biggest steps to guaranteeing her independence. The oldest daughter was thirteen now, and giving her a lot of problems. She wasn’t staying in school, feigning different illnesses, and getting behind in her grades. When asked to do something it was as if she never heard what was said. The worse part of it was she would have liked to blame this on someone, but all was similar to when she was this age.

Her sister could step in and arbitrate problems, and the girl listened more to her friend than her mother. This was to be expected somewhat, a rite of growing up, a sudden change caused by the mind gravitating toward adulthood. When does one really grow up, and how shall we determine it? Family spirit prevailed and problems became easier to work out with more openness and sincerity used when addressing the issues. Having a neutral third person worked well also, but now there was a fourth person.

He came into their lives to expand their home with a major addition. Now he had expanded their horizons by becoming a very good friend. One day he arrived with a set of shelves he had built for their new dining room. He often enjoyed finding various things to patch and fix mostly to be with the younger sister. They had more than become friends while working together on the addition.

They enjoyed taking walks out through the meadow that lead to a stream. He would bring along her nieces occasionally and fish for trout. They cooked their catch and enjoyed it right on the banks of this beautiful stream. When they came by themselves it was more intense to be in this wonderful prairie and discussing various ideas and feelings. Walking hand in hand, they often were followed by fairies, trying to hear all the lovely words they shared. It was a jubilant spirit that grew each time they were together and enjoyed nature’s bountiful beauty. This spirit was often carried away to be shared by others, on a gentle prairie breeze.
.
..
...
We can solve all our problems
That arise for all in this world
With love, peace and happiness
Continuing to cure all ills.












27 comments:

  1. Look at all that snow!! Wow!!
    Love the photos and the story Steve....
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture almost looks like feathers on the branches, very pretty
    Your story reminds me of my family a bit. I didn't have my younger sister living with me but she is 13 years younger than I and my daughter always took her word as gospel while totally ignoring anything I ever said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, what left the track in the snow? A bear???

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You paint such lovely pictures with your words. And your photos are just wonderful. Love that second shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to pick out my favorite capture you've taken and shared- and I can't. They are all absolutely stunning (or else made me smile:))

    Thanks for your words again today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eagle picture takes my breath away. Well done. Is there a story behind the "Bigfoot" footprint? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful winter pictures, Steve. I always worry about the wildlife out in that weather --but they seem to make it through the cold winter. Love seeing that Eagle. Wow!!!!!

    Interesting how many different animal tracks one can see after it has snowed.... We see lots of deer tracks around here after a snow.

    Happy New Year.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I was here, asking for friendship. ;) Would you like to follow each others blogs? Advance Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, your snow photos are wonderful - loved seeing the animals and the eagle in snow was amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful images from the Prairie again.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful photographs of your rural areas, Steve. Remind me so much of my home.

    Lovely story as well. You are so talented in so many areas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photo with the eagle is so beautiful.
    I love your phots and the story also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The frost on that tree is incredible! I love the eagle and the horse and... of course... Lily!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful winter scenes, and I especially love the eagle. And your story is very intriguing and beautiful. I'm glad I found your blog. It is always fun to see what inspires fellow photographers. I will 'follow' and visit you again soon, and I invite you to visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaa...So you had Pizza huh??? Well, maybe I'll get some today!
    Happy Wed!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the best for the new year and thanks for the visits .. nick

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully frosty eagle there Steve. Rain coming tomorrow on top of our two ft. of snow. Perhaps we should send it south into Iowa. Oh wait. You've got tons of snow also. I need one of those things to pull snow off our roof before it collapses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wonder how much of this story is autobiographical...

    Great photos. Love the wildlife track and the goats eating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful series of photos in this entry. The baldy in the snow is just gorgeous- perfect match! Really like the low angle on the icy lake too (looks crazy cold!) and the horse in the third shot - I want him :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your photos. I live on the prairies of Alberta Canada. Im now going to follow you and it will be my pleasure .
    Great blog you have and so glad I came by.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to walk through and play in that snow! Lovely! The second photo of ice looks like feathers, very nice. I hope we get one good snow here (AR) this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good question Kass, I was wondering the same thing. Steve you have such a way with words...I love visiting and having food for my eyes and my soul. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the photos! Especially the first and second one.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this frost on everything, great thoughts too

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that eagle in the frosty tree - breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All are great photos but the eagle one is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I had to come back over and check out the mysterious footprint. There must be a good story about it. You're not alone in capturing an image of one of these. I found one last year that was very similar. For some reason, everyone thought I made it. My feet are big, but not quite that big. It's still lurking around somewhere in my blog archive.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!