Friday, October 15, 2010

Brenda Photo Challenge- Fast Food, Toasted Squash Ravioli

Bake squash until soft, I cut a piece out like carving a pumpkin and cook whole.

One half the squash mashed, chopped garlic, 1/4 C Romano cheese, nutmeg, crushed red pepper.

Dough: 1 C semolina flour, 1 egg, 1/4 C water. Mix and then knead in white flour to make a soft, smooth dough. Split in half.

Roll out thin, fold in half and lay back flat and dab top half with water on a paper towel.

Spoon a soup spoon of filling for each ravioli leaving space to crimp and cut.

Fold top over bottom half evenly. I use a pie crimper to cut and crimp, you can use a pizza cutter and a fork to crimp edges. Make sure the air is out of each by pushing down with your fingers around the filling.

Sprinkle with flour and cut saving any scraps.

Place on a platter covered with wax paper and a little flour.

Roll out scraps to make some noodles for another day.

Roll up with lots of flour on it and slice with a knife. Unroll and let dry on your counter.


Make a nice white sauce with your favorite green seasonings, celery seed, dry mustard, salt pepper and garlic. If you want maybe add mushrooms and onion . Use some more cheese if you like for an Alfredo.

Toast in some olive oil or butter.

Serve to some eager eaters, perhaps with some nice beef ribs cooked on the grill. They will eat this fast, it is an easy apetizer to make also.MMMMMMMMMMMM

19 comments:

  1. Oh Steve!! This is Great!! I Love your version of Fast Food! Great take on the idea!
    (notice I didn't call you Fred?Hahaaa)
    Well Done!!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! What time is dinner??

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty yummy but it also looks like a lot of work. I'm afraid the food I chose for my "fast" post is going to look pretty lame next to yours...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have 3 words for you. Yummy, yum, yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! What a feast! It sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide if you made that look easy or made me realize I'd make a huge mess making those. I used to make all of our bread, but haven't make any for awhile. They definitely look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a recipe ! This fast food take a long time to cook, NO !!!Looks yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You sure can cook... and that looks like a lot of work. Now i am hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful! Are they crispy? It does the beg the question...how fast is this food, exactly? Can I whip it up in, say, 30 minutes? It would make a nice Sunday treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I like your idea of fast food! Looks delicious, I'm a big squash fan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jeez I shouldn't have read this post when I was hungry...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It took longer for the squash to cook and coals to start than to make these, I do them a lot. I make a lot of my flat pasta shapes.The squash could be leftover or made the day before,you can interchange squash, pumpkin and sweet potatoe in a recipe.One of the challenge treats was yam pie, go to the site and look what others made.These took 1/2 hour, and can be boiled if you like.Sometimes I boil some and toast some.Fill with meat, cheese or other veggies,red sauce or white, its fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that's something I've never attempted. It looks amazing and I bet the kiddos would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! looks absolutely delish. My fast food choice is well from my kitchen but super fast! ha ha.

    Sandy from the Heart of Texas

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks positively delicious! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just like my Yam Pie...it takes a while to make but it is "fast disappearing food"!!! Never tried to make anything like this...might have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thoses look delicious and I bet they DO go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome! thanks for sharing. i might try this recipe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!