Saturday, August 7, 2010

Living Life Simple















What do we need to make us happy? When I was younger I thought it was wealth and possessions. I laugh now that I really didn't have foresight back then to understand what it was. Of course one needs money to survive, it would be foolish not to have any and try. I see a few who live along a river and wonder how they make do without the things I really must have. When my kids were at home I needed a larger home, mine now would have been the family room, dining room and kitchen. I laugh at how easy it is to clean now, and relish the extra time outdoors. What I have found now that matters most to me is my friends. I have a few that I have had since I was a youngster, and laugh how it seems we sometimes are the same. Some friends I talk to everyday, and others that once a year card at the holidays. Through this media I have found an array of great people who all seem to have a common interest and enjoy what we all have to share. Computers offer us a expansive domain to travel. When I got my first one, people asked what I was going to use it for. I asked them to try PONG, and now have gone through twelve and am looking for a new one. Then I realized the text was another relay, my oldest brother was hearing impaired so we now could talk every day. I travel to France, Romania, Greece, Great Britain and all over the United States each day. I talk and share with each of you, sharing my experiences traveling, talking to others and even at play this way.I look forward to input so I can share even more with all my friends. This friendship is shared and carried on a gentle prairie breeze.






14 comments:

  1. You say in beautifully written words what I think. This is an awesome tool and so nice to find others of similar interests.
    Your photos are beautiful like always, is the river higher than normal this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that the first thing I do soon as I get home is to look at my blog? There is nothing that makes me happier after a night of work but reading those comments from you all, my blogger friends.

    I was never granted the opportunity to travel to the countries you had visited except that of Singapore. I visited my youngest brother and his family years ago. The simple way of living is beautiful, indeed. Inner peace and true friendship are some of those that money cannot buy.

    Thank you for sharing those lovely images! Thank you for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes our lakes and rivers are really full, we have been under a flood watch all summer. I moved into the city to avoid having my yard flooded as it did 2 years ago. I had to stay in a motel for 2 weeks.Nice to be close to the water, but not too close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, You make many good points in this post.
    My life use to be cluttered with "things" now I like to clutter my life with friends and consider you one of them.
    Funny, that just recently I was telling my daughter about the wonderful and talented folks I am meeting online from all around the U.S. and World. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that hay rake. I don't think I ever saw a double one before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The computerized technology has brought the world much closer for sure and has kept folks in touch with each other who might otherwise not been able. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many things that I would be willing to live without, my computer is not one of them. I have far too many friends living inside of it for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is the simple things that makes life extra ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree wholeheartedly - and am thankful that blogging can help us into appreciating life's simple gifts, and appreciating/celebrating the universality of life as well as all our interesting differences. Such lovely pictures too. So glad to see those working horses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post Steve! And SO True! I NEED my computer...I would never have met Any of my sweet Blogger Buddies Without it!
    Love the photos!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how we get to share our worlds with each other through 'the net.'

    Great pics.

    Great thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are lovely taken shots :)

    I remember writing to my pen-pals (the old fashioned way) in the early 80's. It took nearly a month for a letter from the US to reach me. I don't think I could live without the net now. But I still relish getting a real letter in my mailbox. Nothing beats a handwritten letter! :D

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!