Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's A Girl!

A giant celosia

Black Swallowtail on a Butterfly Weed

Greater Swallowtail on Canadian Thistle

Spoiled cat

Local horse show with cowboys armed to the teeth.
.
..
...
The wind gathered and reminded him of the change in the seasons. He had cut more wood than you could shake a stick at. She often made fun of him when she gathered wood for the fires she so enjoyed outdoors. These were romantic times with the new baby near, drawing them even closer to one another. She shook him one night to tell him it was time. Is she sure he thought lamely? There are few things you can be sure about, but there is one thing that you can be totally sure of, and this was it! He ran down the lane a bit when he realized he would need a buggy to bring the midwife back. Running back home, he hitched his mare, and raced down the lane and two miles along the river to her home. It seemed to take forever for her to get ready, and gather the necessary items she wanted.

There was no hurry since the labor was long and relentless. She stayed calm and delivered a beautiful daughter. They both rejoiced with the new baby on her chest. Mother and daughter felt the bond of the song of life, shared with others in the home. They listened for a bit, hearing a beautiful cooing sound in a new paradise. This moment shared was taken out into the universe, on the wings of fairies.

The prairie would change through this babies life. Her mother looked back at a time that prairie remnants stretched for miles, and never seemed to stop. When this lady entered college, the rugged prairie had been tamed. Its beauty was placed on a shelf and somewhat forgotten. Why would we ever forget the land that fed us? The baby’s new life was carried out into the prairie, on a cool night breeze.
.
..
.
Thinking of you and you and you
Don’t know what to do, or what is due
All I can say comes from deep in my heart
I knew I loved you from the very start
Don’t let our love keep us separate or apart.



11 comments:

  1. Very pretty photos flowers and flying flowers. Awww...what a cute spoiled kitty. Good capture of the cowboys. I like how one is looking back.

    I truly enjoyed the nicely written story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I wouldn't call that a spoiled cat. I'd say it's a cat well-served by her human servants. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty red celosia. Beautiful butterflies and cool cat.
    Google does not translate very well. I can not understand the sens of your writting.
    BLANC MANGER is not a pudding but a coconut custard tart, very tasty.
    I like to cook some recipes with curry or colombo powder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and butterflies. That cat doesn't look any more spoiled than Duke :) The one cowboy in the back reminded me of Festas from Gunsmoke

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post reminds me of how things change from one generation to the next. I remember in the neighborhood where I grew up the older people used to tell us about how this place in the city was mostly farmland when they were young. There was now a huge car factory right down the street when I was a kid though. Today the car factory is closed down, and the people that live in that neighborhood are so different that there is no evidence that any of us ever existed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for your explanations. My english is not good enough to understand what you write in english and the french of google is rather bad and I cannot understand what google translates in french. It is stupid !
    The next time I cook a Blanc-manger, I will make a post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lots of change indeed as Ratty said. I have one old home that is now a ER for a hospital, a school that is a care center. There is lots of change in the era when this story takes place, sometimes too rapid for the people to notice their lose.Right now it is in the late 1800's, post civil war.There is a number of new people who will develop, families change with time in an area.All of these are numbered so if you missed some go back and catch up.I added a translator, but it changes some of the words wrong. In Claudes french blog a dessert was called eat white-men, rather than a coconut custard tart I am dying to learn to make. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. the cowboys looks fearless :) great captures!! regards

    ReplyDelete
  9. awwwww... I wanted to see those cowboys for real. I only see them in movies. I love the 3rd photo... great depth of field.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!