Sunday, August 29, 2010

Gone Camping








The fish just never seemed to stay off the hook when they started that morning and lunch would be filling. He would have to eat all he caught so he could fish some more. There seemed to be certain strength in eating trout fresh. This hidden retreat was used to enjoy the remote outdoors, or what was allowed of it in a state forest. Out of the blue a new friend appeared with two cups of coffee. They shared this with the beautiful azure waters, frolicking in the valley, warming up in the morning sun. The fish became craftier and nibbled gingerly at their bait without ever getting caught, and became fatter for the next fisherman. The joy and happiness was carried down the stream and shared with all who have now found out how to listen.

A call to start coals was shared as the fishermen approached their camp. A few stragglers stayed, avoiding round the clock fishing with hiking and biking. Dinner was comparable with lunch with fish, fish and if you caught a third one, fish. Beverages, lots of ice, beans and butter were the other staples brought. A deluge of junk food was always needed and stops at certain restaurants a tradition. Having a picture with one fish on each finger became a necessary photo, to remember the moment where time starts and stops, as you allowed it to. When it is time it shall happen, there was no clock to follow. The smoking cedar bark ceremony was shared around the campfire, a time honored tradition to purify ones soul.

A benefit of visiting a wilderness, no matter how slight, is catching the rustic spirit still dancing about. Feel the breeze, listen to the flowers sigh, as the dew is trickles off of them when warmed by the sun. Watch the sunrise and sunset, chasing the moon as it follows the stars. Look for and find peace with yourself, oblivious to all around you. Expand on your thoughts and desires, feeling them deep within your heart. The prairie winds whispered lightly, adding on to the story of life already shared.
.
..
.
Tell me all about freedom with love
Tell me about the heavenly essence
Given to us from high above.




11 comments:

  1. Nice catch! You look so happy in the photos. Love the clouds in the sunset image. I enjoyed reading about your camping experience and can almost taste the fresh trout cooked over a campfire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I can't get away, I can come here and read, look at the photos and imagine. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great happy pictures. You know how to have fun.
    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog too. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at all those fish. You had a good day. Something tells me though that you would have enjoyed it just as much even if you hadn't caught a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good fishing and nice sky !
    My husband like fishing but he has no time for that because of his work. That is a good thing for me because I hate fishing (bad memories when I was little girl on vacation in the countryside - we fished during several hours for catching nothing).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jean, let me know when you want to eat.Oh wait did you catch anything today or will it be beans. They work, have had to eat them only before.Mouse, it is nice to share thoughts.Jenny we trade each day.Ann, you hit that right on the mark, I just enjoy being on the water gathering strength.Claude, you need to come with me, I usually catch something, and sometimes hand my pole to someone who hasn't. Once you get the bug it stays with you.Great relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome. one of the reasons why i don't usually go fishing is the "waiting game" i hate to wait for the fist to bite or maybe i was in the wrong lake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What bountiful catch! :)

    Sadly I've never gone camping before. I've gone fishing with my dad at the sea. But I'd wait at the shore while my parents set the net. I can't swim! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Costeau we are bothlucky men.Ruthi you need to learn patience, it gives you a chance to find things many overlook.Nessa, so close to the ocean and no swim?I have taught it for many years, and even took a adult class to beef up my lap swimming, it is never too late to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you made off with some five fingered fish :) Looks like we both had a couple of good days on the water.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it positive and informative,I enjoy hearing from you!